Close

Default This website is ruining my life.

I check it every day for a car to buy, some are nice but not exactly what I am looking for.

It's funny, my parents are moving out of state and I keep stealing my mom's 1986 LX 5.0 to go the grociery store ect for her. I need a mustang, but I definately don't need more projects. The yard is littered with them. This hobby is truely an addiction.

What has been encouraging it lately, is previously, I was working on paying off student loans and a car payment. Now that I am entirely debt free my pocket book can afford to fix up the rust buckets in my yard. So now my interest has skyrocketed in my automotive hobby. It was dead so long due to 1st school and 2nd paying off school debt.

I remember for so long in High School, I would fix this or that on my car. I would take my girlfriend to the junk yard to hunt for parts. It is like that part of me has been dead for 9 years now.

To make this thread more than a ramble, share your car addiction stories or talk about your dream car you've been hoping to build.

For me I want a 1986 LX with cruise control. I prefer the steering wheel. Must not have a red interior. I want it 5 lug swapped with cobra brakes on welds or cobra Rs. Engine wise I just want some street/strip build most likely some sort of crate motor.

After that drive it untill the wheels fall off.

FEP Senior Member

starting to think I like the hobby and work more than the end result. LOL

I would love to have a 67-70 mustang to build, but starting to expand my seach to cougars, ranchero's, falcons, and fairlanes, torino's the hope is to find something in my budget range I can build into a nice little street demon without the CA smog restrictions, one that could pull the wheels, even if it is only one wheel a 1/4 inch off the ground. If the smog wasn't an issue I would be building a motor for the anny car right now, show plus go would be nice, the foxbody is an easy car to make go fast and handle well, at least good enough for me

I too spend time every day looking for either that deal on a car or some part I think I need, I guess I will never have much of a savings account again, hopefully I can keep a job right up until the day I die
    1984 1/2 GT 350 finally done (well almost)
    2012 Focus SEL
    1971 Ranchero - needs bodywork
    1995 F150 4X4 Flareside - it is fun!
    2014 F150 Tremor - Holy Smoke!

Well, since you asked for dream car stories and didn't make brand limits...
    Always wanted a '69 1/2 Dodge Super Bee clone. I'd rather have a clone so I could have it the way I want it & drive it. It would be black inside & out with black steel wheels w/chrome lug nuts. A healthy 440 w/efi, a T-56, & a 3.54 geared dana 60. I would drive it like the Duke boys drove the General Lee! (well, minus the jumping & 2 wheeling)
    '78 Fairmont with 4 doors and 8 cylinders.
    '92 LX convertible with 2 doors and 4 cylinders.

Quote Originally Posted by bscottie View Post
    . If the smog wasn't an issue I would be building a motor for the anny car right now, show plus go would be nice, the foxbody is an easy car to make go fast and handle well, at least good enough for me
    I've always wondered if you could build one car on an older chassis such as putting a 79-86 Mustang body on a pre-75 frame. They do it with kit cars and such, so why not with some work? And the payoff would be a sexy Mustang with freedom of smog, the main issue that these had in the first place! Just a thought, and it would have to be if you had a major project and/or money. Heck, if it worked well, people would probably start tearing up foxes and throwing them on older chassis like there's no tomorrow!!!
    Derek Kuntz

2001 Ford Focus ZX3
    1982 Mercury Capri RS 5.0 - Sold

FEP Senior Member

I thiunk for those people with the body skills that putting a fox shell on an old frame wouldn't be too difficult, that is far more than I want to takle with my limited space and current income, i probably wouldnt be able to buy groceries if i started that kind of project...... wonder if there is a sponser out there somewhere????
    1984 1/2 GT 350 finally done (well almost)
    2012 Focus SEL
    1971 Ranchero - needs bodywork
    1995 F150 4X4 Flareside - it is fun!
    2014 F150 Tremor - Holy Smoke!

Quote Originally Posted by bscottie View Post
    wonder if there is a sponser out there somewhere????
    If that happens, you gotta go with a 93 Cobra body and a brand new 5.0 out of the 2011 Mustang. Throw a blower on it and watch it fly!

If I had stupid money, I would do that. Probably wouldn't last long since a car that fast usually ends up bent in half...
    Derek Kuntz

2001 Ford Focus ZX3
    1982 Mercury Capri RS 5.0 - Sold

Years ago I bought and built a really nice 66 Mustang coupe for my wife. She always loved the old Mustangs and back before kids I had the extra money. Once my wife got pregnant with out 1st child she didn't want to drive a 30-something old car anymore. I had a 70 Z/28 so the Mustang was sold.

Now my true desire is to build a 67-68 Mustang fastback with the drivetrain out of a fuelinjected Fox. I'd like to build up a 350-400HP fuel injected 5.0 and drop it into the older Mustang with a T-5 and a 9" rear with 3:90 gears. Kind of like the best of both worlds.

Here 's the car I built for my wife. ...

Greg

95 Bronco 4WD 5.0, auto, 3:55 rear- daily driver

86 Mustang GT T-tops 5.0, 5 speed, 3:27 gears

68 Firebird 400, ported 6X heads, 068 cam, Muncie 4-speed, 3:55 gears