Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TireDood View Post
    that is one of the largest displays of mass stupidity that I have ever seen. gives the rest of us a bad name....
    I think they did a pretty good job of giving themselves a bad name...

An accident waiting to happen

FEP Super Member

Quote Originally Posted by RichV View Post
    Neither is a 600HP EVO. The power is not the muscle. It's the V8 rumble with the package.

I mean, like it or not, the term Muscle car came from the 60s era where torquey V8s were put into light chassis making a strip car. Eventualy big block power was found and then those BBs were being shoehorned into the same chassis. But all was done with V8s. Name a non-V8 60s Muscle car?
    Where did a Mitsubishi come from in the debate? I can't think of a non-V8 60's muslce car, because no money was spent on developing efficient powertrains..... it was all about big cubes, big compression.. which is totally cool to me, I'm all about that.

I understand the sound is part of the essence of the originals, but it doesn't make the muscle car, the muscle does. Muscle cars were all about being fast, if your car had a "rumble" but you couldn't win a street race, then... you'd probably be trading it in.

So if I have a 74 Challenger with a 318... that runs a mid 16... as long as it has glasspacks it's a muscle car??? Dumb.
    Former Foxes:
    1983 Fairmont Futura 4dr
    1986 Mustang LX 2.3 4 speed
    1985 Mustang GT
    1985 GT - 357w, T5, 8.8 w/ 4.10's.
    Best ET 13.5639, Best Mph 102.39
    1988 LX 5.0 AOD notch, bone stock no options except A/C
    1980 Mercury Capri RS Turbo, 50k mile survivor.
    1987 Ford Thunderbird Turbo Coupe....ratty but fun.
    1992 Mustang GT convertible 85k from original owner

I wonder why cops Never showed up? Wish they would of got caught. Dum MoFos For Sure!

The kids in that video look like they're in some sort of low-IQ dance competition... A bunch of retarded boy-ballerinas, twirling around in circles and sliding across the stage.
    82 9D Black Magic 5.0
    82 1C Black Magic 5.0

My Honda civic with turbo K20 is a muscle car

What was the original Muscle car? 64 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by stableboy View Post
    huh? DOHC v-6?
    changed previous Miss quoted engine in post that stated dohc v6
    Last edited by theemustangman; 03-13-2011 at 06:09 PM.
    No Longer a 4I Owner
    But Have way too much 4I stuff Collecting Dust.

FEP Power Member

Quote Originally Posted by theemustangman View Post
    Sorry yeah, missed the S and hit the D sorry
    You also missed that it is a straight 6 not a v-6.

Don't you just love it when you get your knuckles slapped twice ??

The OHC pontiac six was the base motor of the firebirds in 67-69, Basically a chevy 6 with a different head.

Here is a short description:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontiac...am_.28OHC-6.29

EDIT; While this motor was not really a high performance motor, it did have reasonable power (230hp in sprint version), but it was just too little when there were better options available.

Last edited by DeraldRice; 03-13-2011 at 05:19 PM.

let me talk to my dad again, he owned it, and the way he described it, it wasn't a base model engine but let me pick his brain, and i will post up the info again.

EDIT: I just talked to him, and he said he knew it was rare, and it was the only one he had ever seen, he like the edmunds thing stated said it was an I6 but had a quadrapuke 4 barrel on it. he thought the base I6 was rated at less HP than that motor, but he is gettin OLD LOL ha ha

Regarding the V6 yeah always says v6 cuz the only memorable I6 i know of is the Ford 300 LOL
    but yeah obviously i suck at remembering the small facts like V or I lol ha ha

The one he had was the SPRINT version then according to wiki cuz he said it had the 4 barrel
    Last edited by theemustangman; 03-13-2011 at 06:01 PM.
    No Longer a 4I Owner

Just glad i dont claim to be theepontiacman, my pontiac info is worse than my mustang info LOL
    No Longer a 4I Owner

According to "Pontiac Muscle Cars" a book I have, the Sprint was the hotter of the two 6's. It was 230 ci, 215 hp and came with a upgraded suspension and floorshifter.
    Tony

Nottingham, PA now...from Perryville, MD...From Levittown, PA

I forgive you mustangman.
    My name is Andrew
    1986 GT Convertible- 2nd owner
    1984 SVO-Impound Yard find

Quote Originally Posted by flinfantryrebel View Post
    According to "Pontiac Muscle Cars" a book I have, the Sprint was the hotter of the two 6's. It was 230 ci, 215 hp and came with a upgraded suspension and floorshifter.
    He probably didn't even know about the suspension. is there any info about what the upgrade part is?

Thanks stableboy i always get his stories wrong. LOL
    No Longer a 4I Owner

He probably didn't even know about the suspension. is there any info about what the upgrade part is?

Thanks stableboy i always get his stories wrong. LOL
    No it just called it special "road hugging" suspension.
    Tony

Since this is my thread, I'm going to say that when I say "muscle car" I implied any 2-door car with a V8 that was popular in its day and known for its performance. Camaros, Mustangs, Olds 442s, GTOs, and other V8s. Examples were in the video I posted where they were doing donuts. Also, since this is my thread, if you don't agree, please, keep it to yourself as that was not the topic of this thread and you have totally missed the point and strayed off topic. I'm sorry, but the main point is people with V8's in my area are idiots, and I was just typing up a rant. If you would like to discuss whether or not a car is muscle, start a new thread so more people can give their own two cents in the matter. Thank You.
    Derek Kuntz

2001 Ford Focus ZX3
    1982 Mercury Capri RS 5.0 - Sold

I apologize if that sounded rude, but if you debate in this thread, people who would have better points to make would miss making a comment. Also, it states in the guidelines not to post things that could cause others to get all kinds of butthurt.

Also, I get a lot of flack for owning a V8 due to the idiots in my town.
    Derek Kuntz

2001 Ford Focus ZX3

really? sorry i posted in "your" thread, because nobody ever goes off topic in a internet forum thread. The thank you was nice, but i hope you never go off topic in someone else's thread.
    You posted that those cars are Muscle Cars, some people didn't agree that they are muscle cars, you can expect that to happen if people dont agree with you which seems to happen on a forum.
    No Longer a 4I Owner

Quote Originally Posted by 4 eyes View Post
    My Honda civic with turbo K20 is a muscle car

What was the original Muscle car? 64 GTO
    Very doubtful.

The Big 3 were making musclecars way before 1964. Think 1959-60. Remember the '60 Impala with the 409? Or the '61 Galaxie with the 406?
    1990 Mustang LX 5.0 - Ran into a tree (fixed!)
    2005 Ranger XLT 4x4 - Daily Driver/Tow vehicle
    1992 Mustang LX 2.3 - MPG baby yeah!
    1994 Explorer - Fix 'n Flipper

Quote Originally Posted by bobbawon View Post
    I apologize if that sounded rude, but if you debate in this thread, people who would have better points to make would miss making a comment. Also, it states in the guidelines not to post things that could cause others to get all kinds of butthurt.

Also, I get a lot of flack for owning a V8 due to the idiots in my town.

I think people would see the owners of those V8's and know they shouldn't expect anything else better from them.
    Derick M
    '86 T-Top Mustang GT
    '92 Mustang GT

FEP Power Member

That may be your area, my experience has been the opposite.

Here in LA county, it's generally the import crowd that is complete morons.

I witnessed two accidents at gatherings years ago that confirmed this to me. These both happened at illegal street drags, one imports and the other what you are calling muscle cars.

At the muscle car drags, they chose to race well outside of town on a street surrounded by desert. The only structure within a mile was the city dump. One night an aero nosed stang was racing a big block chevelle, the stang lost control and went rolling off the road into the desert. Spectators and other racers ran up to help the driver, paramedics were called. The guy he had been racing offered to put the wrecked 5.0 onto his trailer and take his opponent home.

The import guys chose to race in the town's industrial district. About 50 yard past the "finish line" the road went through an intersection and the other side was houses. One night two guys in hopped up honduhs were racing, one of them lost it and wrecked. Other racers and spectators ran up with tools in their hands to STEAL parts off of his car while he sat in it groggy from the impact. When I tried to stop this, a gun was pulled on me. I refuse to have anything to do with the punks that make up the import crowd since that night.

One observation that possibly explains the difference. The import guys are high school and college age. A 25 year old at their gathering is the old man. The muscle car guys are middle aged, married, steady jobs. A 25 year old among them is a kid.

Ooo, just remembered another incident that cemented my distaste for the import crowd down here. Years ago I went on a weekend drive with the staff of Car Craft magazine and some other readers. About 20 or so of us were driving through some decent canyon roads in the Ojai area when we came upon a riced out Accord heading the opposite way. No one did anything to him, but he felt the need to open his sunroof and extend his arm out it to give all of us the finger as we passed each other.

Around here, the import crowd has no respect for anyone which is why they aren't invited to things.

Banned

We had a bunch of Ricers come to our local drag strip last year. The pits are grass, but they felt the need to work on their cars in the middle of the pit roads. We were constantly asking them to move so we could get to the staging lanes. Point is, most ricers in MY area are punk kids that think they own everything.

really? sorry i posted in "your" thread, because nobody ever goes off topic in a internet forum thread. The thank you was nice, but i hope you never go off topic in someone else's thread.
    You posted that those cars are Muscle Cars, some people didn't agree that they are muscle cars, you can expect that to happen if people dont agree with you which seems to happen on a forum.
    Again, yes I understand that it was off topic, but the argument wasn't making any progress. There was always an exception for an opinion in an argument like that. I was just saying that the argument was sorta getting to the point where people were saying the same things over again
    Derek Kuntz

2001 Ford Focus ZX3

Quote Originally Posted by Derk 2k3 M1 View Post
    I think people would see the owners of those V8's and know they shouldn't expect anything else better from them.
    Yeah, I get respect from my friends, but they still make jokes. I always joke back saying I should join one of the muscle clubs. At the meet, the angry import guys joked that they would swap an sr20det (Nissan turbo four) in a fox even though it makes less power just to piss them off. The imports have respect for each other, but the ricers don't get any respect. To tell the difference between import and ricer, please look at the following images.

Import

Rice

And "muscle" cars around here

Edit:changed a picture
    Last edited by bobbawon; 03-15-2011 at 07:53 PM.
    Derek Kuntz

2001 Ford Focus ZX3

Quote Originally Posted by bobbawon View Post
    And "muscle" cars around here
    What size wheel is that?
    79 Capri RS
    341 rwhp,348 rwtq 11.20@127

1939 Pontiac Deluxe 6. 73,xxx original miles. Barn find. Currently the secomd owner.

2013 Focus ST
    2012 Taurus SEL
    1997 F350

We have the opposite problem here. My local car club meets up in philly on sunday nights to hang out and cruise. We can have a gathering for hours with no issues until the import crowd comes. Then there is booming systems, revving 4 bangers,parking in the middle of the lot, not in a spot, ect,ect. I have no problem with imports, I actually really liked my civic hatch, but I do have a problem with stupid people. They have even attempted drifting in the parking lots, and then wonder why everyone gets kicked out. That said there are A$$ hats in every car group.

Quote Originally Posted by varn82 View Post
    What size wheel is that?
    20" maybe 22".
    Derek Kuntz

2001 Ford Focus ZX3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast