Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bobbawon View Post
    I'll do that as soon as I have time later today
    Thanks man, any idea what color that is?
    If you blink at the end of the straight away you'll miss the twisties and what fun would that be!
    1982 Capri RS 5.0L
    Suspension Build http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...tion-and-Build
    1985 SVO 2A & leather. Stolen & Destroyed 2022
    Motor Build http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=63505
    Dyno stats and exhaust install http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...Dyno-d-finally
    My FMIC build http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...-amp-D-project
    Electronic boost controller and bypass valve
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...d-Bypass-Valve
    Opperation SVO Tunes http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...51#post1148551

Quote Originally Posted by SchoolBoy View Post
    Thanks man, any idea what color that is?
    I have no idea what the original color is. But, the previous owner said it is an RS (has an RS dash) and the current color is a cheapo Earl Schweib paint job that's starting to peel. I'm planning on doing a resto-mod and getting paint after a few years since I'm just getting my license I want to wait until after I scratch it up

I have no idea what the original color is. But, the previous owner said it is an RS (has an RS dash) and the current color is a cheapo Earl Schweib paint job that's starting to peel. I'm planning on doing a resto-mod and getting paint after a few years since I'm just getting my license I want to wait until after I scratch it up
    is this the one out of the sac craigslist? if so it was a good deal.. if not.. well. still a nice car & welcome..

Quote Originally Posted by warhorse58gt View Post
    is this the one out of the sac craigslist? if so it was a good deal.. if not.. well. still a nice car & welcome..
    In fact it was the one out of the sac craigslist! I got it for 1500. The guy was selling an extra set of rims and some performance susp. parts that I don't need at the moment. He also has a spare 83 hood. The guy had to pay 774 in back fees and get new tires so it was well worth it. It wasn't registered from 06 to June 2010 and then he put some stuff on it and let it sit for 6 months. I assume, because of that, that it has been sitting for 5+ years. It needs some work but it runs strong

I almost bought this car for $500, but the recent owner lived closer and he beat me to it. So he bought it a year or two ago, and he paid $500 for it. At that time the DMV fees were almost another $500. So he paid $1000 for the car and DMV fees, and then bought the suspension parts. He tried to flip it for $2500, and then his price dropped until it got reasonable. $1500 sounds like a fair deal, and it's good to know that the car now has a chance to be properly cared for. I hope you have fun fixing it up.
    82 9D Black Magic 5.0
    82 1C Black Magic 5.0

Nice Capri !! and Welcome !! Wish i wouldn't have let my Capri go in the 80's!!

Quote Originally Posted by arj View Post
    I almost bought this car for $500, but the recent owner lived closer and he beat me to it. So he bought it a year or two ago, and he paid $500 for it. At that time the DMV fees were almost another $500. So he paid $1000 for the car and DMV fees, and then bought the suspension parts. He tried to flip it for $2500, and then his price dropped until it got reasonable. $1500 sounds like a fair deal, and it's good to know that the car now has a chance to be properly cared for. I hope you have fun fixing it up.
    Wow. Thanks for letting me know this! This is the story he gave me:

"My son had an 83 Capri bubble back and we decided to trade it in for a new Nissan Altima (Cash for Clunkers ). He wanted to get another car for his son, so I got him an 82 (this one). I put new (factory spec) suspension components in and tires and my son decided he wanted a motorcycle (for fuel economy)."

He then tried selling it with some spare racing suspension components, some AR silver dish rims, and the hood from the 83. I decided to take just the car and I got it for 1500. Some fuel additive, a tune up, and a few miles later, here it is.

I'm going to go transfer the title today.

I still can't believe he took an 83 Capri to get demolished, even for a new hybrid

Any more knowledge on this vehicle would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome!
    13 Dodge Dart
    09 Shadow Sabre
    08 Caliber
    05 Aztek
    02 Avalanche
    02 Thunderbird
    01 Cadillac ETC
    98 Explorer
    96 Suzuki X-90
    89 Fleetwood
    89 Continental
    88 Town Car
    86 Silverado
    84 Fiero
    83 Town Car
    82 LN7
    82 EXP
    80 Mustang
    65 Continental
    62 Galaxie 500
    54 Packard

Stock never goes out of style.

Quote Originally Posted by yaterstang View Post
    You just bought this one out of west sac right? I've been eyeing it all month but was gone about a week ago. Even the CL add pictures made the car look pretty solid. If you get some new rims it should be good to go.
    I actually like the 7up turbines haha the car is solid and I'm planning on buying some used eagle 028s when I have some more money

So. The dreaded DMV trip wasn't actually that bad. It turns out we actually knew on of the workers and we were in and out in about 20 minutes!

In fact it was the one out of the sac craigslist! I got it for 1500. The guy was selling an extra set of rims and some performance susp. parts that I don't need at the moment. He also has a spare 83 hood. The guy had to pay 774 in back fees and get new tires so it was well worth it. It wasn't registered from 06 to June 2010 and then he put some stuff on it and let it sit for 6 months. I assume, because of that, that it has been sitting for 5+ years. It needs some work but it runs strong
    awsome.. i was thinking about buying it for a while.. but the wife wasn't onbroad with a 4th four eye.... she said 3 foxes & 1 mustang 2 was anuff.. glad some one got it and is going to treat her good..

Quote Originally Posted by warhorse58gt View Post
    awsome.. i was thinking about buying it for a while.. but the wife wasn't onbroad with a 4th four eye.... she said 3 foxes & 1 mustang 2 was anuff.. glad some one got it and is going to treat her good..
    Well, I'm glad I found a car period, let alone something this rare and awesome. Up until I found this I was planning on getting an early 90's civic four-door. Fortunately I found something that I'm actually proud to own and say that I had as a first car. This is one car that I won't let go of!

Well, I'm glad I found a car period, let alone something this rare and awesome. Up until I found this I was planning on getting an early 90's civic four-door. Fortunately I found something that I'm actually proud to own and say that I had as a first car. This is one car that I won't let go of!
    i still have my first fox.. 17 years later..

As promised, here are some pics

My favorite

Is this the original steering wheel? I know it's on some early foxes, but is it a factory item on Capri's?

Also, mine may be an RS, still need to check if my numbers match up

That's all I have for now, I'll have more up as soon as I can. Some of these were up before, but these should be larger.

That steering wheel is correct for an '82 Capri. Either the RS emblem was added to a non-RS car, or the dash trim was replaced with incorrect parts. The '82 RS didn't come with the fake woodgrain, they only had black. If you post the info from the tag on the radiator support, the confusion will get cleared up.
    82 9D Black Magic 5.0
    82 1C Black Magic 5.0

If you post the info from the tag on the radiator support, the confusion will get cleared up.
    I'll do that as soon as possible. As of right now, I'll be getting over the trauma of trying to teach myself how to drive stick in a V8 on main roads in my town

Also, my accelerator seems to be a little sticky. That or my carb isn't working right. I have to be EXTREMELY gentle or I'll get a little kick from first... And it's not from how I'm working the clutch because with the clutch fully engaged, I get real bad jerks. I almost have to get it at the friction point if I let off in first and want to get back on it

nice capri, and welcome!

cale

So, there's gonna be a few more pics up as soon as I can get them up. I couldn't find a tag on the radiator support I'm not sure where to look for it...
    Last edited by bobbawon; 03-02-2011 at 03:52 PM.

Will this be enough to tell what's up with my model?

The bay

It's missing the side molding and I got a scratch on it...

There aren't any speakers in the trunk, they were relocated to the pillar

And one more. Do the Mustang tail lights differ from the Capri's? Cause I know these are for the Mustang...

And one more. Do the Mustang tail lights differ from the Capri's? Cause I know these are for the Mustang...
    Yes, they do differ.
    13 Dodge Dart
    09 Shadow Sabre
    08 Caliber
    05 Aztek
    02 Avalanche
    02 Thunderbird
    01 Cadillac ETC
    98 Explorer
    96 Suzuki X-90
    89 Fleetwood
    89 Continental
    88 Town Car
    86 Silverado
    84 Fiero
    83 Town Car
    82 LN7
    82 EXP
    80 Mustang
    65 Continental
    62 Galaxie 500
    54 Packard

Stock never goes out of style.

Quote Originally Posted by dburdyshaw View Post
    Yes, they do differ.
    Then I'll be looking for tail lights within the next couple of years

Your car came with the '79-'82 Capri taillights that are in my pic, to the left. Luckily for you, the '79-'82 Mustang lights that are currently on your car are the only lights that swap onto a '79-'82 Capri without drilling and cutting to fit. So if you find a set of Capri lights, they'll fit right back into place, without needing to repair someone else's hacked-up mess.

Your engine compartment pic is too blurry to be able to spot the buck tag. Look around the hood latch and behind the header panel.
    82 9D Black Magic 5.0
    82 1C Black Magic 5.0

Your engine compartment pic is too blurry to be able to spot the buck tag. Look around the hood latch and behind the header panel.
    Wasn't trying to post the image of the buck tag since I couldn't locate it myself. It was more of a reference to show what kind of condition it's in at the moment. Planning to get a new carb and get some work done to it. Carb will come later though as I have insufficient funds aka I'm broke... Unlike a lot of people that want to beat the life out of these cars, I actually want to do a resto mod. Unfortunately, I'm a student and lack money haha

Will keep updates coming and look forward to seeing this thing in near mint condition as long as it takes.

It's my pleasure to welcome another fellow Capri owner to FEP.
    I also just bought an "82" a couple of days ago.

Keep us posted on your progress & continue to feed us photos!
    Ron
    I never seem to get the nut that holds the steering wheel fixed

I see you made a 90 mile trip to fetch your Capri! It seems miraculous that I only had to drive across town for mine!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast