Close

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Nice find, Devin. If you haven't had Mick (FoxChassis) decode your Cobra before, you should post that buck tag and VIN in his "Decoding" thread. He'll decode it for you. He'd do a great job decoding the build sheet, too, if you have a picture or two of that to post for him. He's always looking to add vehicles to his "database" he's been working on for quite a while now.
    Craig "IDMooseMan" Peters
    1979 Mustang Ghia Notchback, 2.3L, Holley 5200, 4-spd, 3.08:1 7.5" diff, A/C, PS, PB, AM/FM/8-Track, Sunroof, Rear Defroster
    USAF SSgt 63170 1983 - 1992; Co-Founder, Vice President, Omega Delta Sigma, ID-A 2/2015
    To those that serve and have served, "Thank You", to those that haven't, "You're Welcome"
    2.3L Horsepower Potential Thread
    Buyer/Seller Experience Link
    Build Thread
    The Four-Eyed Game - 2018 Version

I posted my pictures in the cobra database for him today. thanks.

I also wanted to add a couple pictures to show my wheel fitment after the alignment this weekend

rear

front

Figured I'd try and embed a short video here. Don't mind the fact that it's sideways, I tried to fix it but I'm no video producer. my apologies.

I have a gopro camera that I'll have on the car for dragon runs so that footage will eventually make it on here. one more week.
    Devin

1979 Mustang Cobra - IRS, MM Suspension, 302/t5
    Check out my build thread for tons of IRS info, and general restoration help. There's a little bit of everything -->goo.gl/krmqNz
    Pm's welcome if you have any questions

I think the idle sounded a bit unbalanced. Maybe that's why your video is sideways?

IDK, I guess I could be wrong about that.

Sounds great, Devin.
    1979 Mustang Ghia Notchback, 2.3L, Holley 5200, 4-spd, 3.08:1 7.5" diff, A/C, PS, PB, AM/FM/8-Track, Sunroof, Rear Defroster
    USAF SSgt 63170 1983 - 1992; Co-Founder, Vice President, Omega Delta Sigma, ID-A 2/2015
    To those that serve and have served, "Thank You", to those that haven't, "You're Welcome"
    Build Thread

put the cobra on the rollers at a local shop today just out of curiosity and to take advantage of the wideband to see how close my carb tuning was.

it went a bit rich at tip-in, and above 5k rpm it went lean (about 15:1 was the highest)
    so I need to swap accelerator pump cams, and go a bit larger on the main jet size.

anyways, I ended up making 237 ft/lbs at 4600 and 237 hp at 5700 rpm. I'm very happy with how the car runs and drives. time to start saving my pennies for a set of AFR heads...

Last edited by dk5_cobra; 07-20-2016 at 08:23 PM.
    Devin

Check out my build thread for tons of IRS info, and general restoration help. There's a little bit of everything -->goo.gl/krmqNz

Excellent. You should have her dialed-in in no time.
    Build Thread

Been spending the last few months enjoying the car and slowly catching up on things that I felt needed attention since getting the car on the road.

Re-dyed my door panels, the only part of the interior that I left when I assembled it because they were 7/10 condition and I was impatient. Now they're 10/10 along with the original black arm rests to replace the blue-dyed-black that were in the car that were already starting to chip. I installed a manual transmission gas pedal as well.

Added some gauges in the center console from Marshall Instruments to have a better idea of what is going on under the hood

added a kicker hideaway 8" subwoofer to give a little boost to the sound system. now I can crank up the tunes without the smaller speakers cutting out.

installed an MSD 6AL under the driver seat and I expected a slight difference, but it was significantly better. cold start, hot start, idle, driving. its great. should have gotten one sooner. The 6000 rev limiter is a nice benefit as well.

and got this super sweet Motorsport drop base air cleaner off of ebay. I love it. not that I didn't like the cobra one but this is great.

Devin

guess I get to go through everthing and rehost all of my photos since photobucket decided to screw everyone. if anyone has any questions in the mean time feel free to pm me
    Devin

Haven't updated this in a while but I redid the exhaust a while back, built a rear seat delete myself, added harnesses and a harness bar, and have been driving the car when I can. its up to about 8500 miles since I got it back on the road. Figured I'd share some pics

Devin

double post
    Last edited by dk5_cobra; 08-27-2019 at 08:55 AM.
    Devin

FEP Senior Member

Great work.

Looks good.
    Build Thread

That’s bad••• right there! Driving a car you built is awesome! Really clean work too! Give ‘em heck!

After years of searching, I was finally able to track down a Dobi tail light panel for the car and am so excited. I also recently swapped the headlights with an RMS led kit that dramatically helped my night driving abilities. no photos of those because they look exactly like the original sealed beams that i drove with for years. plans for the near future involve a swap to manual brakes using the Maximum Motorsports kit but I'll make a more detailed post on that when it happens

Devin

FEP Supporter

Nice find! What are your plans for displaying the plate when driving?
    '85 GT

I haven't messed with it yet, but I may just tuck the tag in the corner of the rear glass.

The panel did come with the plate mounting bracket, but want to mock that up before altering the car in any way

also, Hey you're from Rockledge! I'm only a little south of you in Vero
    Devin

FEP Supporter

Maybe you do something with magnets on the plate like car dealers do for test drives and then put a piece of steel on the inside of the bumper cover. The only issue you may run into would be a hard on cop who complains there is no light for the plate.

Something like this may work too but again, the light.

https://cheapdealersupplies.com/demo...o-jiffy-plate/

I'd noticed before you're in Vero. I usually make it down to Capt. Hyrams a few times a year.
    '85 GT

Quote Originally Posted by qikgts View Post
    The only issue you may run into would be a hard on cop who complains there is no light for the plate.
    For limited night-time use (to avoid a permanent hard-wired solution, if that is desired), maybe attach some kind of battery operated light to the frame. Picturing one of those under-cabinet led lights. Some swivel, so it could be aimed down at the plate. Not waterproof or ideal, but may do in a pinch.

Kinda like....
    1985 Mustang GT (Mothballed...Desired restomod parts acquired...Top of my project list for my 2024 retirement!)

FEP Supporter

^^^ Good thought! ^^^
    '85 GT

Mustang looks great! nice and clean...as for the license plate and illumination you could kill two birds with these
    https://www.summitracing.com/parts/d...UaAmEmEALw_wcB
    Name:  dei-030302.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  14.3 KB
    I used these when I installed the H.O. Fibertrends fiberglass hatch and decided not to run the factory license plate bulbs and wiring

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567