Close

Thread: hood scoop fit

Default hood scoop fit

Will a 82 hood scoop fit on a 86 hood? want a cowl hood but found a hood scoop for $450. less. just don't know about fit. any comments appreciated
    berks county pa.

This is an 85, had same hood as an 86. They put the 82 scoop on and made it functional on the Dominators.

Steve
    "Taillights in Your Face Jack? You've just been Dominated!"
    # Link to Facebook Dominator Mustang Fans # # Link to Facebook Predator Mustang Fans #
    # Link to Facebook Twister Mustang Fans #
    Current Stangs: Stangless
    Previously owned:
    84 Black GT, 85 Black T-Top Dominator GT # Link to Restoration Thread # 85 Dominator GT RIP 1995, 85 Predator GT, 83 Dominator GT, 82 Mustang GT

Here's an example of how they made it functional. On my original car, I cut the hole bigger and got a Tall K&N and let it stick up into the scoop.

Steve
    # Link to Facebook Dominator Mustang Fans # # Link to Facebook Predator Mustang Fans #
    Previously owned:
    84 Black GT, 85 Black T-Top Dominator GT # Link to Restoration Thread # 85 Dominator GT RIP 1995, 85 Predator GT, 83 Dominator GT, 82 Mustang GT

As the picture shows the scoop will fit just fine.

The 79/82 hoods and the 83/86 hoods have different body lines on the hoods and for some people that doesn't jive very well.

Best of Luck!

Trey

Quote Originally Posted by bluesfannoz View Post
    what is that black t-top '84ish looking mustang in the background, with like a mustang II hoodscoop? What is that scoop and what is that lower airdam?
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanPon
    many thanks to all you eco-hippies giving me dirty looks and helping me feel llike an overall badass rebel.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaceFever79
    I think one of the finer traits of a true car guy, is the patience to put a prized car away and just let it sit for a while rather than selling it when life gets in the way.

FEP Senior Member OldsRocket442's Avatar

Heres my '86. Yes it will fit the factory hood. It will not bolt onto the hood with the factory hole because the bolts in the forward scoop are in a different spot than on the rear facing scoop of the '83-'86 cars.

Richard

1986 Mustang LX v8 t5 conversion
    1986 Mustang LX 2.3 Auto - Acquired 2-27-13

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2549044

My other "4 eye" is a '67 Cutlass

Thats a 84 Predator Mustang. That is actually a shelby scoop like they put on the 60's Shelby's.

Quote Originally Posted by mustangracer84 View Post
    what is that black t-top '84ish looking mustang in the background, with like a mustang II hoodscoop? What is that scoop and what is that lower airdam?
    Steve
    Previously owned:

Default hood scoop

It's what I'd like to do to my 86 vert, looks great.Where did you get the scoop. I can't find it at any of the restoration places. Thanks for your help