Close

Default Paint Job Prices

I want to have my 85 Ttop painted. Currently it has a cheap paint job where someone sprayed the the trim and moulding. I guess it would need to be stripped. I want a nice paint job but not top dollar. Was wondering average costs for base coat clear coat vs other options. I'am looking to educate myself before finding a painter. I have painted cars before but have not had the quality I'am looking for. Basicly my body shop skills suck.
    Barryb

84 notch 347
    85 GT Daily Driver

3K to 5K

The price can vary depending on where you live, but as stated by racerxmd
    3K-5K should get you in the ball game.

My car is currently in the paint shop. $2-$2.5K but it is way underpriced. The guy does excellent work. Everything looks like glass. To give you an idea, this is a pic of him reflected in a door panel of the car he did before starting on mine. The entire car is this smooth and straight.

I could probably live with the 2000 to 2500 price range. I don't want a show car, just a badass DD. I originally was gonna buy a cheap gun and spray it satin black but my kids say that's redneck.
    Last edited by Fox84; 02-13-2011 at 08:42 AM.
    Barryb

84 notch 347
    85 GT Daily Driver

Normally, my projects never make it to paint. I usually get bored with them before that point, sell them and get something else to tinker with. I think this '86 notch will be the last project though, I'm getting a little old for this kind of foolishness and arthritis is kicking in which takes a whole lot of the fun out of it. I don't even think I deserve what one would normally expect from a $2-$2.5K paint job. But I couldn't turn this one down for the price and the high quality this guy puts out. I'm sure his prices will go up in the near future because he's becoming quite popular here locally and the demands on his time are increasing. And he will deserve the increase.