Close

Default My coupe served many lives

Here is a few shots of my 84 coupe after I had painted it last spring. (sorry for the low quality cell phone pics).

I had bought this car in 2002 as my daily driver for $150 plus an 89 sentra. It was a two toned blue 2.3 auto car with a wiped out cam.

The car served well as a driver until winter hit. Every cold morning I had to hit the carb with starter fluid. After cleaning up the carb & having no change I put my engine and trans in from my 83 gt (early year SROD).

After serving well as winter driver I decided to put in an turbo coupe 8.8 w/ 3.55's, t-5 trans, intake, carb, headers and exhaust. It ran ok at the track with slicks (13.99).

Later in 03 I had the urge to turbo the car (my buddy is a tubo buick freak) so I tore the car apart, new rings and bearings, plumbed the turbo from a school bus and ran the exhaust. Everthing looked great and then lost interest.

The car sat until 09 when I took out the turbo stuff and put in a new AOD n/a combo for track use. Car was painted windveil blue last year (driver quality). I have been sloooowly putting it together since then.
    Attached Images Attached Images

nice looking ride. throw a outlaw wing on the back for more sex appeal. just me. will look awesome.

Any updates? Nice coupe,makes me think about leaving the 84 cover on mine
    putting together a little something special......stay tuned!

92 notch-WIP
    87GT-S Trim,4:10s,AOD=12.70@107
    89vert-sold
    84SVO-WIP
    84 notch-aka-FREAKSHOW
    85GT shell-for sale
    78 Zephyr-WIP
    86 Capri RS-WIP

Finally,the list of fox wants is complete!!!