Close

FEP Member

Default Anyone running Corbeau seats?Pros/Cons?

Hello all and Happy New Year! Just sold my stock black orthopedic sport seats in my coupe and was looking at replacing them with black Corbeau GTSII cloth seats as my interior is all black.Is anyone here running a set or ever sat in them? I have Pacecar Recaros in my '82GT
    and they're great for short runs but I find them hard on the back after a while.I love the look of Flofits but never seen any other than used for sale, and usually not black. Any input is appreciated.- Thanks!

I have only sat in Flo Fits on 2 occasions. Both times I thought they were some of the hardest seats I had ever sat in. They seemed exceptionally hard to me.

Again a very limited experience, but I was not impressed.

I personally have a set of Monaco seats in my Pace car, (Recaros were long gone when I bought it!). I like them alot.

Unfortunately I am not sure the company is still in business. I was a dealer for them years ago when I had my shop, but they stopped importing them from Europe many years ago.

The Corbeau seats and the Monaco seats were very similiar in appearance and feel in my experience.

I think for the price, the Corbeau seats are pretty hard to beat.

Happy New Year!

Trey

FEP Member

Thanks so much Trey,so the Flofits are likely hard like my Recaros;I also think the Corbeau's
    are hard to beat a $698/pair and they now offer matching material for my back seat!

Banned

i had Corbeau Forza's in another car of mine and they were really comfortable for fixed back seats.

I have the Corbeau GTS II in gray cloth in my SVO. It's a nice seat and I have no complaints. My car is a driver (when the weather is nice) and the longest I've sat in these seats in one stretch was from MD to OH.....
    Last edited by jzleach; 02-03-2011 at 09:37 PM.
    2002 Roush Mustang, Griggs GR40

FEP Member

Nice seats JZ; did you get the matching rear seat kit and if so how does it look? How long did it take them to ship after you placed the order? I know 5.0resto doesn't keep them in stock and I really hope if I order now I get them before summer.

I plan on buying a set of Corbeau GTS or GTS II for my 82 GT when I get around to restoring/restomoding it.

As I stated before, I feel they are pretty comfortable, good looking, and they price is really good in the market.

The fact that you can get the rear seat kit that matches just makes it that much better!

Trey

FEP Power Member

Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
    I personally have a set of Monaco seats in my Pace car, (Recaros were long gone when I bought it!). I like them alot.

Unfortunately I am not sure the company is still in business. I was a dealer for them years ago when I had my shop, but they stopped importing them from Europe many years ago.

Trey
    Monaco seats are part of the Cobra brand, and they are still available from the only US distributor that I have ever known to have improted them. I use the cobra clubmans in my roadster.

www.subesports.com

They are located in Huntington Beach, CA.

Quote Originally Posted by DeraldRice View Post
    Monaco seats are part of the Cobra brand, and they are still available from the only US distributor that I have ever known to have improted them. I use the cobra clubmans in my roadster.

www.subesports.com

They are located in Huntington Beach, CA.
    Those are not the same. Monaco was the brand just like Corbeau or Cobra, not a seat style.

As I said in the post before, they were very similiar to the Corbeau and even some of the Cobra style seats, but they were from a company out of Italy.

They were imported by a Company in CA that specialized in BMW parts. The name escapes me right now.

I know at the time they were not part of Cobra as imported by Sube Sports, because I really wanted a set of the Cobra brand seats at the time for my 83 GT and I could not qualify for the buy in with Sube Sports and they were not available from my Monaco supplier.

Somewhere buried in my storage unit is some of the original literature and color sample books, when I find they I will post up more information.

Best of Luck!

Trey

FEP Member

I have the gts 2's with matching back seat in my 85 coupe. The only complaint I have is it seems they made them a little narrower than I'd like. If you're average/skinny then you'll be fine but if you are a big boy or a weight lifter then your lats/legs dont fit that nice. I looked into the "wide" versions but heard nightmares trying to get them to fit in a fox.

Just my opinion,

Drew

Quote Originally Posted by 11secGT View Post
    Nice seats JZ; did you get the matching rear seat kit and if so how does it look? How long did it take them to ship after you placed the order? I know 5.0resto doesn't keep them in stock and I really hope if I order now I get them before summer.
    Thanks. I do not have the matching rear....didn't know that was an option through Corbeau. I got these seats used on Fleebay...seller took them outta a Fox-body show car, so minimal wear and he included the seat brackets too....a deal I couldn't pass-up.

I'm sure if you ordered now you'd have them by summer. You may want to see if there is an authorized dealer in your area...might save you on shipping and you'd be able to inspect the seats prior to leaving the store....something you can't do going through LMRS.

http://www.corbeau.com/service/ordering/
    2002 Roush Mustang, Griggs GR40