Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New girl from PA

Hey everyone just wanted to introduce myself to the site. I'm from Reading area in pa. I've got an 86 Capri t-top 5.0 5 speed, a work in progress for this winter and my fiance has an 88 Cougar with a laundy list of work done. I have always loved 4 eyed cars although some stang people don't.. My first v8 stang was an 83 and i fell in love with that era. It's pretty cool there's a site dedicated to this.
    Last edited by kts86capri; 12-30-2010 at 11:16 PM.

FEP Senior Member

Welcome! Its good to see another Capri join the ranks.
    1977 Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser

Welcome

Welcome-glad to hear your stuck in the 80's with the rest of us. Should see you and your fiance around this summer, I am in York.

Welcome!!

couple of pic's

Welcome to FEP.

I like the flat black paint on the Capri, it has that "don't mess with me" look.
    ** Kurt **

Current:
    1980 Mustang Cobra

Past:
    1966 Mustang Coupe (first car!)
    1971 Mustang Grande
    1979 Mustang Hatchback

Welcome to FEP! Nice Capri!

Robert
    1984 RS 347 Capri, To many car parts to list, check out my car build page here for the story on my car and a full parts list/setup!:

My RS in Action

FEP Member

Welcome. Capri looks like a good foundation for you.

What do you have planned?
    George

84 Capri 5.0 B303 cam, shorty headers, Flowmasters, MM Caster Camber plates,

Nottingham, PA now...from Perryville, MD...From Levittown, PA

Welcome. Nice cars. My brother lives up in the Reading area, in Weinersville. He has a triple black 03 GT vert running around up there.
    My name is Andrew
    1986 GT Convertible- 2nd owner
    1984 SVO-Impound Yard find

It needs quite a bit of metal work which is being done this winter, set of 3:73's, gt40 intake, tfs1, hopefully being donated my fiance's AFR heads if he decides to get a stroker kit for the cougar, bbk headers and a new h-pipe are all sitting waiting to go in. If the time/ money is avai, it's gonna get shot gloss black.

Welcome to FEP. You'll definitely like it over here and thanks for posting up pics. Everyone here loves pics. Definitely a sweet looking Capri and like the Cougar as well. Keep us updated!
    ~Paul

1982 Mustang GT
    1983 Mustang GT TTop
    1985 Mustang LX 5.0 Notchback
    1995 Ford F150 SVT Lightning
    www.cardomain.com/id/mustang4life1985

Thanks for all the good wishes and compliments, i know it's not anything special but hell for a car with the original engine with 220,XXX on the clock with the exception of rad and water pump i believe, trans rebuilt about 100,XXX, the car has only ever left me sit once when the clutch cable snapped

I think it's special. I like all four eyes that are still on the road or projects are really cool. I can never see enough of them, especially a Capri. Very seldom do you see a Capri in this area. It's probably been about 2 years since I saw a Capri driving down the road not at a car show besides a FEP member's car.
    ~Paul

1982 Mustang GT
    1983 Mustang GT TTop

I know, even for not being a show car, for the people who know what is it love it, i used to work part time at a parts store and prolly once a week someone would come in and try to buy it. I had my 83 stang which again wasn't any kinda show winner haha but in quite a bit better condition than my capri and i get twice the compliments and looks with my capri than i EVER did with the stang.

Quote Originally Posted by kts86capri View Post
    I know, even for not being a show car, for the people who know what is it love it, i used to work part time at a parts store and prolly once a week someone would come in and try to buy it. I had my 83 stang which again wasn't any kinda show winner haha but in quite a bit better condition than my capri and i get twice the compliments and looks with my capri than i EVER did with the stang.
    Some people don't even know what a Capri is and it makes them look twice. When I drive my 82GT, sometimes people think it is a Capri. You just don't see many around. I think your car is clean. I think you found a good car. Just love the Draglites on it too!
    ~Paul

1982 Mustang GT
    1983 Mustang GT TTop

Welcome to FEP, great to add another Capri!

Official FOX-A-QUE Threads
    : 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009

FEP Power Member

I know this is way down the line, but please do a lot of research first on the 86 motor. You cannot just bolt heads to it (except trick flow twisted wedge) and a 50/50 crap shoot with E7s. The 86s have no valve reliefs in the pistons and you will destroy the motor with another set of heads unless you notch them or just use another short block....

Jason

haha oh ya, it gets called a mustang all the time, once some kid called it an areo-back mustang haha

Quote Originally Posted by 85mcLaren View Post
    I know this is way down the line, but please do a lot of research first on the 86 motor. You cannot just bolt heads to it (except trick flow twisted wedge) and a 50/50 crap shoot with E7s. The 86s have no valve reliefs in the pistons and you will destroy the motor with another set of heads unless you notch them or just use another short block....

Jason
    oh ya i know it's getting new pistons i know the 86's are a tricky yr but thanks for the advise

Quote Originally Posted by kts86capri View Post
    haha oh ya, it gets called a mustang all the time, once some kid called it an areo-back mustang haha
    Wow, lol...That's different! It's so cool to have a different car that's for sure. That's why I've always loved the Capri. I like owning something different.
    ~Paul

1982 Mustang GT
    1983 Mustang GT TTop

Hey glade to see you join the forum. I've talked to you and your husband down at Sonic cruise nights . I have the white 83 Capri
    1983 Capri RS Turbo
    1986 Bronco 351ho
    VP Berks County Mustang Car Club
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2462250

Veeerrry Nice!!

I know what you mean by the strange looks you get with a four-eyed Capri.

I hear "what is that" all the time when I drive my 85 Capri ASC convert.

Welcome to 4i---keep those photos coming!

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by 83rsturbo View Post
    Hey glade to see you join the forum. I've talked to you and your husband down at Sonic cruise nights . I have the white 83 Capri
    in exeter or morgantown?

Exeter I'm with the mustang club and yes we allow any Ford or Mercury car like our Capris We're doing a bus trip to the Philly car show Jan. 29. have 3 seats left meeting at Boscov's East if your interested
    Last edited by 83rsturbo; 12-31-2010 at 08:36 PM.
    1983 Capri RS Turbo
    1986 Bronco 351ho
    VP Berks County Mustang Car Club
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2462250

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast