Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default my 1982 mustang GL build

hello i just got done with my mustang restoration and i want to here what you think about it. now i am no professional and it my first restoration so be easy on me lol I am only 19 i did all the work myself minus the paint I have to thank my father for that one(Laskey Performance). but I did do all the other work myself. so tell me what you think. it took me a year and a half to get it complete.
    for a little back ground on the car,the car started life in Californa then some how found its way to Gladwin, Michigan and then to St. helen Michigan were i traded my 1979 F-250 for it. when i got the car it only had 51,145 miles on it and i am proud to say i put 7,000 on it by winter time. (All my friend wanted to take my car places lol). but then when winter hit i drove it twice and put it in the ditch once,(luckly i didnt do any damage to it) and said i should put it away so i did and then tore it apart and got wht i have to day.
    before (2 weeks after i got it)

before (a couple months after i got it)

starting the tear down

after

motor before

after

interior before

interior after

my BMW seats and three point belts

IGNORE PIC DATES
    Last edited by jdmustang82; 04-30-2012 at 03:00 PM.

here are some more build pictures. the rest of my plans for the car is to swap the 7.5 out for the 8.8, add 18" wheels, finish my 408W build, and put aftermarket gauge in the dash. theres more but thats for later.

Very nice, like the Cougar also.
    Matt
    1984 Thunderbird -- 1989 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake, Edelbrock 600 4bbl, 85 Mustang dizzy, Jegs o/r h pipe, Dynomax mufflers, Mustang AOD & shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, Mustang front & rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 TC struts & shocks, and Mustang 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT hatch -- Explorer intake, GT40 heads with Trick Flow spring kit, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, 70mm MAF, 70mm throttle body, o/r H pipe, Dynomax mufflers, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 Deluxe handle, clutch quadrant & firewall adjuster, and 3.27s
    (86 Mercury Cougar 5.0, 89 Lincoln Mark VII LSC 5 speed, 80 Mercury Zephyr 4 door) sold

thanks thats my dads car he rebuilt that like 5 years ago its a 1970 eleminator with the 429CJ and he is the second owner he's had it sense he was 18 lol unfortunly the cam just went out due to manufature faults frist and last lobe rounded right off.

I like it. The black and red paint scheme goes well.
    79 Capri RS
    341 rwhp,348 rwtq 11.20@127

1939 Pontiac Deluxe 6. 73,xxx original miles. Barn find. Currently the secomd owner.

2013 Focus ST
    2012 Taurus SEL
    1997 F350

Nice transformation.
    '85GT Bright Atlantic Blue
    '92LX Bimini Blue-sold
    '93 COBRA Teal Metallic-sold
    '86SVO Oxford White-sold
    '86GT 'Vert True Blue-sold
    '81'GT' Medium Red-sold

Looks great! Welcome to FEP.
    1979 Indy Pace Car Mustang 302 / 5spd
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top 302 / 4spd
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

thanks guys i really apperceate it and also i love this fourm its pretty BA that its just for four eyed owners

Chicago, Illinois. home to the world's largest collection of potholes

looks great. nice turnaround
    hello, my name is Epi and i'm addicted to four-eyes
    '86 Mustang GT convertible - restomod
    '86 Capri - DD hotrod
    '08 Ford Edge - Weekend hauler
    past:
    '86 Mustang GT hatch - sold for diapers
    '87 LTD - gone after 12 long years
    '90 Mustang LX - cancer
    '86 Thunderbird 3.8L
    '87 Mustang GT

Good work, it's always encouraging to see a four eye brought back to life.
    Bob in Lebanon, TN
    79 original owner six cylinder coupe
    MCA Gold Card judge for 3rd Generation cars

Thanks guys I am very happy with how it turned out for my frist restoration, it has its flaws but i do drive it every day during the summer so i am not to pickey about them

here is just a little information on the car. I reused and the orignal body panles like the doors, hood, fenders, hatch, but i did have to buy a new bumper cover and rear bumper cover i look hard for a gt bumper but couldn't find one so i went with the lx bumper. the front fender on the drivers side was the worst it was bent up pretty bad but i got it straighten out pretty good. and also i would greatly appeceate any info on the 82 GL models i would like to know how many were made and came with the V8
    Last edited by jdmustang82; 12-09-2010 at 12:11 PM.

Looks good .
    Son of Jleews6, Johnny 5
    85 GT 1C Vert = Grey int. no power options but A/C.
    85 GT 2R Hatch = "Pepper"ALL original sunroof car grey int.,full scale restoration coming one day
    85 GT 2A Hatch = tan int. 2.5" full exhaust, frame connectors, AutoMeter Pro Comp gauges, 5-Lug w/17" Bullitts, converted to FI, 8.8 w/3.55s etc.
    85 GT 1C Hatch = Dads new toy ALL ORIGINAL
    85 GS/RS 4D Hatch = My first capri
    73 Mach 1 - 351 2bbl Auto Yellow w/Tan interior

thanks GT kid

Wow! What a huge difference. I love 82's and so glad you saved that car!
    ~Paul

1982 Mustang GT
    1983 Mustang GT TTop
    1985 Mustang LX 5.0 Notchback
    1995 Ford F150 SVT Lightning
    www.cardomain.com/id/mustang4life1985

Quote Originally Posted by mustang4life1985 View Post
    Wow! What a huge difference. I love 82's and so glad you saved that car!

Me too i love this car and the funny thing was the guy i got it from has the same car in yellow and mine was a parts car for his, but now it could be the other way around. IT was pretty rough when i bought it. it had a four speed in it that wouldn't shift into third and it needed all new rear end bushings but a hard working weekend and a uncle with lots of parts i got it on the road with a new 5 speed

Far out! That car kicks ass. Very nice job.

thanks like i said i am very happy with how it turned out and can't wait to get some 18's FR500 wheels on it and lower it and also i want to get the 82 GT front end

I can understand that you would be happy with the results.

Very impressive!
    13 Dodge Dart
    09 Shadow Sabre
    08 Caliber
    05 Aztek
    02 Avalanche
    02 Thunderbird
    01 Cadillac ETC
    98 Explorer
    96 Suzuki X-90
    89 Fleetwood
    89 Continental
    88 Town Car
    86 Silverado
    84 Fiero
    83 Town Car
    82 LN7
    82 EXP
    80 Mustang
    65 Continental
    62 Galaxie 500
    54 Packard

Stock never goes out of style.

well thank you i wish i had more build pictures, but i stopped taking pictures when I went off to collage and then it just kind of got finished lol

Looks good

Looks really good. I'm just curious on what exactly you did to it so far. It looks like you did a 5 lug conversion and rear disc brakes, anything else? And I have a hard time distinguishing your second color, is your color scheme black and burnt orange or black and red?
    -Kal
    "One man can make a difference." -Wilton Knight
    84 Mustang T-Top
    THE WRAITH

Women are like cars, sometimes you find one you fall in love with, and sometimes you end up with a lemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow 1 View Post
    Looks really good. I'm just curious on what exactly you did to it so far. It looks like you did a 5 lug conversion and rear disc brakes, anything else? And I have a hard time distinguishing your second color, is your color scheme black and burnt orange or black and red?
    thank you and the color scheme is black and orange the strips are a custom made color that dosn't have a name yet lol. i will try and get a picture of how the orange looks in sunlight. and i did some motor work to, mainly just head work but i did swap the two barrel carb to a four barrel and put all new gaskets, put headers on it and a dual exhaust with out cats. on the suspension side of things i put new kyb shocks and struts and did the five lug converstion, i also put bigger sway bars in the front and rear, and sub frame. still to come are some c/c plates and lower it, and also swap the 7.5 rear end for the 8.8, and the strut tower brace, and finish my 408w build for it. i also swapped the 4 speed that was in it for a world class t-5.

Great work! Very nice car! Now go out and do what every stangbanger ought to do, stretch it's legs and revel!

here is a pic of the orange in the summer before i wetsanded the car. and its a phone pic so sorry its small.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast