Close

Default Window door trim? 93' doors on 86' hatchback

Hi everyone
    I bought a mint set of 1993 doors at an unbelievable price. I mounted them on my 1986 mustang gt hatchback. I want the doors to look like they were on the 86 originally. I searched the forums about this swap. I know the door panels and power window/locks are different. The molding on the doors are different too. The 93 has holes I need to fill near the top of the door. I'm handy with the welder so I can fill those in.
    My problem is with the window door trim. I swapped my 86 manual mirrors onto the 93 door. Now the window trim is too short on the front part of the door near the mirror. Also what trim goes on the "dew wiper", as the 93 has the "dew wiper" pop rivited on and no trim covering it now. I threw out my old 86 doors along time ago so I don't know what the original door trim looks like.
    Please let me know what is supposed to go there so I can find replacements.
    Thank you
    Scott

Go to the link below. That will take care of your belt line molding and weatherstripping.

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/LRS-20544PR/1979-86-Mustang-Outer-Door-Belt-Weatherstrip-Pair-Black-Trim

Trey

thanks Trey!

Any ideas on the window frame trim? Maybe a pic of an original 86 door?

thanks again Trey!