Close

New User

Default 5.0 front engine assembly

I recently acquired a stock '84 Mercury Capri RS. A previous owner had diassembled the front end of the engine removing the water pump, alternator and its mount, smog pump, and power steering pump. I figured out how to mount the water pump with help from this site.
    I need some help with where the other parts mount and with what kind of bolts. A clean picture of the front end of an assembled 5.0 carb engine would help or perhaps some reference to a manual where this can be found.

Here you go. I used a ford racing kit to mout the powersteering bracket.

-Currently Searching for "The One"

New User

That's excellent!!
    Thank you.

FEP Member

The pic is correct if you don't have AC.
    George

84 Capri 5.0 B303 cam, shorty headers, Flowmasters, MM Caster Camber plates,

Here are pics with and w/o AC (FMS AC eliminator kit). This is an 89 engine -not sure if front dress is same as your 84.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    MF: Shoot pool Fast Eddie.
    EF: Im shootin' pool Fats. When I miss you can shoot.

New User

Thanks for the clear pictures! It does not have AC so these pictures are really helpful.

Hope some of these help you out:

'86 Capri 5.0, black with charcoal interior, 5 spd, fully restored, mildly modded.

'86 Capri 5.0, white with black interior, C4, rotisserie restored, heavily modded.

Wow, that's a beautiful engine!
    '88 Mustang GT convertible, T5, 3.08:1 gears. 5.0 Explobra Jet: A9L Mass Air conversion, Fenderwell Mac cold air intake, 70mm MAF meter = 4.6 T-Bird/Cougar housing + '95 Mustang F2VF-12B579-A1A sensor, aftermarket 70mm throttle body and spacer, Explorer intakes, GT40P heads with Alex's Parts springs and drilled for thermactor, Crane F3ZE-6529-AB 1.7 "Cobra" roller rockers, Ford Racing P50 headers, Mac H-pipe, Magnaflow catback, Walbro 190 LPH fuel pump, UPR firewall adjuster and quadrant with Ford OEM cable, 3G conversion ('95 Mustang V6), Taurus fan, rolled on Rustoleum gloss white paint...
    Past Four Eyes: Red well optioned '82 GT 5.0, Black T-top '81 Capri Black Magic 3.3L 4 speed, Black T-top '84 Capri RS 5.0 5 speed.Over 200,000 miles driven in Four Eyes, and over 350,000 in Fox Body cars.

Holy **** that is sick!!!!!!