Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Resurrecting this thread (again). At Carlisle there was an original condition 79 Zephyr in the swap meet area. You can faintly see evidence of the blue on the bolts:

Bob in Lebanon, TN
    79 original owner six cylinder coupe
    MCA Gold Card judge for 3rd Generation cars

I just read the last few posts about the hood bumpers and the prop rods. I can tell you that on my '80 Cobra that I bought new, the hood bumpers are body color and the prop rod is painted body color. Just like in this video clip of 02pnygt's new Cobra purchase.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcHwa..._order&list=UL

FEP Super Member 79mustangcobra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roush235 View Post
    Resurrecting this thread (again). At Carlisle there was an original condition 79 Zephyr in the swap meet area. You can faintly see evidence of the blue on the bolts:

Thanks Bob! I appreciate the photos!
    1979 Mustang Cobra 5.0
    2P Red and 1C Black

Stock never goes out of style
    MCA #70281 - 79-93 MCA Concours Judge
    Proverbs 3:5-6

My Mustang Story
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...71#post1688371

FEP Super Member 79mustangcobra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kj_80Cobra View Post
    I just read the last few posts about the hood bumpers and the prop rods. I can tell you that on my '80 Cobra that I bought new, the hood bumpers are body color and the prop rod is painted body color. Just like in this video clip of 02pnygt's new Cobra purchase.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcHwa..._order&list=UL
    That is a cool clip - thanks for sharing - but that car never came with a "Powered by Ford" decal on the valve cover and the distributor cap should be blue and not gray.

I know the prop rod is a big debate.
    1979 Mustang Cobra 5.0
    2P Red and 1C Black

Stock never goes out of style
    MCA #70281 - 79-93 MCA Concours Judge
    Proverbs 3:5-6

My Mustang Story
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...71#post1688371

Does anybody have a set of the MCA rules for our cars that they can post or send out?

MCA rules are subjective and do not account for any issues in production that may have occured. Have delt with Restoration judging on mustangs, shelby's and mopars also have had assembly line go head to head with a judge about what happened on the assembly line in 1967 during a strike and in following years judge stood there and told a man who worked the assembly line during the production years that he was wrong and if that had happened it would be in the book.
    86 Capri 5.0
    86 F150 stepside
    85 crewcab stepside project
    66 VW Bug
    73 Dune Buggy

still a clean engine bay!

Quote Originally Posted by 79mustangcobra View Post
    My Cobra was built in 8-78, that is a very early run! The prop rod is black. Maybe they changed this as production picked up but MCA says 79-82 is semi-gloss black, body color on 83-93. Again, this is a debated topic.
    My '82 is body color, not black. And they held the rod up as it went down the line and only shot the front/top side of it. If you pick it up and look, it should be primer on the back/bottom side. And there should be marks at the top of the rod (where it clips) and the top of the core support (where it lays) where they locked it back in place while still wet.

And hood bumpers should be painted body color.
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

Quote Originally Posted by roush235 View Post

I really liked this car!!! Would be great as a grocery getter. Very cool combo and the price was right.

Official FOX-A-QUE Threads
    : 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009

Here's another. This is my '79 StaWag. The photo was taken to show the firewall details for
    the AC system, but in the lower left corner, you can see there's quite a bit of blue on the
    nut holding down the onion head.

Cheers,
    Jeff Cook

'85 GT Hatch, 5-speed T-Top, Eibachs, Konis, & ARE 5-Spokes ... '85 GT Vert, CFI/AOD, all factory...
    '79 Fairmont StaWag, 5.0, 62K original miles ... '04 Azure Blue 40th Anny Mach 1, 37K original miles...
    2012 F150 S-Crew 4x4 5.0 "Blue Coyote"... 65 coupe, 289 auto, Pony interior ... '67 coupe 6-cyl 4-speed ...
    '68 Vert, Mexican block 307 4-speed... '71 Datsun 510 ...
    And a 1-of-328 Deep Blue Pearl 2003 Marauder 4.6 DOHC, J-Mod, 4.10s and Lidio tune

Thanks Jeff. More clear evidence of the blue bolts.
    Bob in Lebanon, TN
    79 original owner six cylinder coupe
    MCA Gold Card judge for 3rd Generation cars

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123