Close

Default "Town Square Happy Hour" mini-show

One of our club members knows the manager of one of those trendy new "town center" developments. There are several in the metro Houston area. The idea is to have a center feature with restaurants and retail establishments around it, with narrow brick streets, nose-in parking, etc., evoking small-town central business areas of the past. This was the first time they invited cars to be featured in their central area, from 5pm to 9pm Friday night.

It was great fun. The passers-by were far different from the normal car show crowd. Thus, the level of questions was completely different. In fact the number one question I got was "what year is this?" (no surprise), but the number two question I got was "this is a Mustang?" At which point I would proceed to explain the history and importance of Fox Body Mustangs.

I even got to poke fun back at certain people/ comments, such as the guy who said "this is the model Charlie's Angels drove." Lots of people did comment on how they had one, or their sister had one, or whatever..... not unlike comments the early Mustang owners now receive.

For the club, it was a success. We passed out many brochures and signed up three or four new members.

I really like this pic.

Bob in Lebanon, TN
    79 original owner six cylinder coupe
    MCA Gold Card judge for 3rd Generation cars

nice car, thanks for the pics

Bob , That looks very bushy and Thanks for your photos.

Dan & Paula

Thanks everyone.
    Bob in Lebanon, TN
    79 original owner six cylinder coupe
    MCA Gold Card judge for 3rd Generation cars