Close

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

those turbines look new!!

Quote Originally Posted by 85.0 View Post
    those turbines look new!!
    Yeah, thats why i went with them. they were only on the car for 300 miles and then he took them off for cragars. One center cap got discolored somehow, but he gave me a can of Ford touch up paint for it.
    --86 GT vert.306,Powerdyne blown 7 psi, E303, ported E7s,MAF conv, BBK shorties n OR H, 3" Mac Pro Dumps, WC T5, 5 lug'd, 17" Bullitts, 3" cowlhood, SN95 Gt front brakes, 4.11s.
    --Bill

excellent bill. great to hear!

Official FOX-A-QUE Threads
    : 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009

Quote Originally Posted by eeprete View Post
    excellent bill. great to hear!
    Thanks!
    --86 GT vert.306,Powerdyne blown 7 psi, E303, ported E7s,MAF conv, BBK shorties n OR H, 3" Mac Pro Dumps, WC T5, 5 lug'd, 17" Bullitts, 3" cowlhood, SN95 Gt front brakes, 4.11s.
    --Bill

those are probably the nicest looking turbines ive ever seen!
    glad your making progress bill!
    Build your own dreams or help someone else build theirs!

67 Mustang Coupe-Rusty Parts Car
    79 Mustang Cobra- Garage Art/Project Car 11.3@118mph on a 150 shot
    84 Mustang Gt- Bolt On Fun Car
    97 Wrangler Sport- Lifted on 33's - Trail Rig
    08 Mustang Gt- Bolt Ons, 12.89@109

Thanks.
    Realized I should have pushed the car out while weather was nice and washed down the engine bay. Now need to wait for warm weather to hit again for that but got lots to do in between!
    --Bill

Little update, ordered more parts 4 the vert A local parts house my shop deals with had a customer appreciation nite, where they give a huge discount on in stock items for 2 hours only. SO MY loving wife told me to order up some stuff for the 86. So i oredered up a new clutch set, valve cover and intake gaskets, the tune up stuff, a belt and some other incidentals that i will need to get the motor in the car over winter and get it running. This stuff will be my Christmas gifts from her and the kids
    --Bill

sounds like you'll be having a good christmas!!

Yes awesome Christmas, new years, fathers day, birthday LOL. got rather spoiled this year with this car!! Have an awesome, incredible, loving wife to credit for that!! She has been working crazy hours when she can to try and make some extra cash to keep this project moving! She is so supportive(as are my 3 boys) ! I cant possibly thank her enough!
    --Bill

Man, your getting better gifts then me for Christmas.

Great project! I love the turbines too. If I were you though I'd do what was necessary to get it up and going for now so you can drive it this upcoming summer and then slowly build up your parts inventory and rebuild the car next winter. I got my car 3 years ago and tore it apart to rebuild it, big mistake. Time and money got scarce and now it's still a shell sitting on stands in my garage waiting to be worked on. Do you know how much it sucks hearing everyone else having fun with their cars all summer long and you can't drive yours? Talk about pouring salt in the wounds. I would tear something out, like going to replace the rear springs and then pull out the next thing like control arms because I'd figure since I was already replacing this one thing I might as well replace the next...and the next....and the next.... I have yet to enjoy driving my car.....ever. You sound a lot like me when I got my car, thrilled about getting a car you love and that it's sitting in the garage, and thrilled on where it's going to take you and the journey ahead. My advice is put it together so you can drive it, then when you got the rest of your parts ready tear it down over a winter and rebuild it, you'd be glad you did.
    -Kal
    "One man can make a difference." -Wilton Knight
    84 Mustang T-Top
    THE WRAITH

Women are like cars, sometimes you find one you fall in love with, and sometimes you end up with a lemon.

Kal (shadow1). thanks so much for the advice!! That is exactly what i am looking to do with this project at this time. My goal is to get everything together needed just to get it road worthy for next year and get it on the street and enjoy it. Then while we drive it, collect all the parts to do the car the way i picture it in my head and always wanted. When I have everything to do it the way i want AND some money set aside to finance a ground up rebuild, THEN i will tear into it and do it completely. I feel for ya!! I spent 2 years searching for this car and it was driving me insane sitting on the outside looking in at everyone else! Hope you get the time and money SOON to get back on your 4i! GOOD LUCK AND KEEP THE FAITH!!
    --Bill

Quote Originally Posted by magnum517 View Post
    Kal (shadow1). thanks so much for the advice!! That is exactly what i am looking to do with this project at this time. My goal is to get everything together needed just to get it road worthy for next year and get it on the street and enjoy it. Then while we drive it, collect all the parts to do the car the way i picture it in my head and always wanted. When I have everything to do it the way i want AND some money set aside to finance a ground up rebuild, THEN i will tear into it and do it completely. I feel for ya!! I spent 2 years searching for this car and it was driving me insane sitting on the outside looking in at everyone else! Hope you get the time and money SOON to get back on your 4i! GOOD LUCK AND KEEP THE FAITH!!
    Not a problem, that's what we're here for.

I'll be honest, it's hard keeping the faith sometimes. For me it's one day at a time. Sometimes I feel like it will get done and others it feels like a lost cause. I wanted a t-top mustang as far back as I can remember, and they are hard to find here, so when this one came up I jumped on it though maybe I should have been a bit more patient and waited for one that didn't require an entire rebuild. Right now I do the things I can and have the supplies for, like undercoating it and painting parts. After Christmas I'm hoping to have the funds to rebuild the engine (over $1k the way I figure it) but we'll see how it goes. I keep joking with my wife and telling her if I don't have the car done by this summer I'm going to shoot myself.
    -Kal
    84 Mustang T-Top
    THE WRAITH

Women are like cars, sometimes you find one you fall in love with, and sometimes you end up with a lemon.

Shadow, Sounds like you got a good plan goin on your TTOP! just keep plugging away at what you can do and it will eventually get done!! The engine you got looks like a great buildable motor(i am subscribed to your build) . Dont put a deadline on it though, i have done same thing in the past and it creates stress and sometimes regrets. I would LOVE to have my vert on the road this summer, but if it doesnt happen i am not going to worry about it, ..IT happens! Keep the faith, your doin great and have a cool car! Thats what i have to keep telling myself LOL.
    --Bill

Shadow, Sounds like you got a good plan goin on your TTOP! just keep plugging away at what you can do and it will eventually get done!! The engine you got looks like a great buildable motor(i am subscribed to your build) . Dont put a deadline on it though, i have done same thing in the past and it creates stress and sometimes regrets. I would LOVE to have my vert on the road this summer, but if it doesnt happen i am not going to worry about it, ..IT happens! Keep the faith, your doin great and have a cool car! Thats what i have to keep telling myself LOL.
    That is very true, but when your sitting on it for about 3 years it's hard not to put a deadline on it. Right now I'd settle for driving it with 3 wheels and a hamster on a wheel in the engine bay. Yea, the engine looks great so far, In2fords put a gauge on it to check the bores and by a rough estimate it looks to be in spec but I got to take it to a shop to double check and have it tanked.
    -Kal
    84 Mustang T-Top
    THE WRAITH

Yeah i know its tough to be patient when it takes sooooo long! Engine sounds like it will be cool! Keep the faith, all good things take time!! And it will be done by YOU, The way you want it! No one can replace that satisfaction!
    --Bill

Yeah i know its tough to be patient when it takes sooooo long! Engine sounds like it will be cool! Keep the faith, all good things take time!! And it will be done by YOU, The way you want it! No one can replace that satisfaction!
    Amen!
    -Kal
    84 Mustang T-Top
    THE WRAITH

WooHoo got a driveshaft for the vert this weekend off craigslist for 25 bucks!! Hope i can keep this trend goin
    --Bill

Way to go, they will come.
    -Kal
    84 Mustang T-Top
    THE WRAITH

So had a great Holiday w wife and kids!! Everyone was happy Didnt get to work on the vert, was too busy w the family, but plans are to get out to it after the new year. Got a lot to do yet. Next on the parts list is to pick up an offroad H-pipe for it and then flowmaster exhaust.
    --Bill

Ok, so I almost bought a brand new E cam for 100 bucks, BUT a little financial misfortune sucked up the funds for it So a friend of mine says " hey got the crane cam that was in my 94 Cobra motor, come over one nite and you can HAVE it!! " So I was stoked, I was pretty sure it was either a 2031 or 2030 Crane. Wnet over and picked it up, came in an E cam box LOL. Brought it home and pulled numbers off it, had "ZE" cast around the circumfrance of the cam 3 times and "0411" cast into the rear face of the cam, no other markings. Email a guy from Crane and ask "what cam is this" , his reply "not one of ours" . Hmmmmm So measure the lobes, they roughly measure .274 at the cam. Hmmm not a stock HO cam but too small to be a crane. SOOOOO start doin home work and discover that it must be the original Cobra motor cam from the 94. With a 1.7 rocker it be around .465 lift which is close to the cobra spec(this is all just rough measurements) and the "ZE" is a Ford stamping for Z being Mustang, E being Engine and the Cobra Cam part # is F3ZE-..... Soooo I got an original Cobra cam(made by Crane coincidentally LOL) but NOT the cam he thought it was or that I had hoped for. Its a cool cam, just not what I had wanted. Still have to try and figure out what the cam is that was in the original short block to the vert. Another friend thinks it may be a trickflow stage 1 or 2, only stamping is T-2 on the rear face. Need to measure lobes on that and see. Heres hoping
    --Bill

Bill,

Sounds like your car is coming along nicely. I look forward to getting a chance to see it in person someday.

Stick with it. Many years ago, I bought a 71 Lemans Sport convertible. I got it as a weekend cruiser. One weekend, I decided to do a few minor things to it, one thing led to another and I ended up doing a full restomod to the car. I installed a worked 455, a 4 speed, 12 bolt rear, new quarters, floors, trunk, disc brake changeover, ect. The car took 6-7 years to finish.

I know exactly where you're coming from. There were several times I almost took a sledge hammer to the car and other times where I was SO frigging frustrated, that I had to just walk away and come back a week later.

Once your car is done, you'll have the satisfaction of knowing that you built your own "thing of beauty".

On a side note, I didn't know that you worked for a local shop. What shop do you work for?
    Greg

95 Bronco 4WD 5.0, auto, 3:55 rear- daily driver

86 Mustang GT T-tops 5.0, 5 speed, 3:27 gears

68 Firebird 400, ported 6X heads, 068 cam, Muncie 4-speed, 3:55 gears

Good luck on your build! Makes me realize how lucky I am to still have the car I bought 26 years ago, and was able to keep it clean.

Ok little update, since i havent been on in forever. Been hanging on a local to me Mustang site, checking things out and seeing whats goin on around me. Met some more really cool Mustang enthusiasts! Through one of those members, bought a like new set of BBK shorties for my vert very cheap! Nice couple, into foxes and Birds, got some sweet rides. They actually have a real decent 82 Capri for sale if anyone is interested. She has an 86 TTOP capri she is building and her hubby has a couple cool birds and foxes in his stable.
    Getting closer to putting this thing together. Still need to get a cam for the motor, either E303 or trick flow stage 1. Then get exhaust for it. Lots of detail work to do yet too. Been too cold in the garage, have some medical issues that the cold and I just dont get along. Hoping for warm weather soon!
    Thats it for now. Each step is a step closer to actually driving a 4i
    --Bill

Im pretty sure they are on here too, or atleast she is. Katie right?

Quote Originally Posted by 86fiveoh View Post
    Im pretty sure they are on here too, or atleast she is. Katie right?
    Yeah its Katie and her hubby! Very cool people!
    --Bill

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast