Close

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Ok unfortunately I will Not be at Carlisle this year. My sons senior prom is Friday and my niece is getting married on Saturday out near Pittsburg. So we will be busy with both those family events. I will be at the American Muscle Show , so hopefully see some of you there.

Sent from Mos Eisley using Tapatalk
    --86 GT vert.306,Powerdyne blown 7 psi, E303, ported E7s,MAF conv, BBK shorties n OR H, 3" Mac Pro Dumps, WC T5, 5 lug'd, 17" Bullitts, 3" cowlhood, SN95 Gt front brakes, 4.11s.
    --Bill

Cleaned the car up and took it to a show hosted by the First Mustang club of Pa. Great show. Great time!

--86 GT vert.306,Powerdyne blown 7 psi, E303, ported E7s,MAF conv, BBK shorties n OR H, 3" Mac Pro Dumps, WC T5, 5 lug'd, 17" Bullitts, 3" cowlhood, SN95 Gt front brakes, 4.11s.
    --Bill

Quote Originally Posted by magnum517 View Post
    Love these wheels on this car. Really look nice!!
    1984 Predator GT302 #4S0102 - Complete rotisserie and put back to stock
    1979 Pace Car - 306, H/C/I, T5, 8.8, 3.73 - 288 RWHP
    1993 GT Vert - PROCHARGER P1SC, H/C/I, Built AODE, 3.73 - 421RWHP / 405 RWTQ - SOLD

I do love that car!

--Bill

Cleaned up, indeed! The paint shine looks soaking wet!
    Mike
    1986 Mustang convertible ---> BUILD THREAD
    Past Fox-chassis "four eyes":
    1983 Mercury Cougar LS
    1986 Ford Thunderbird ELAN
    1980 Capri RS Turbo

Work in progress website ---> http://carb-rebuilds-plus.boards.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Walking-Tall View Post
    Cleaned up, indeed! The paint shine looks soaking wet!
    Thanks! It looks better in pictures than in person.
    --Bill

Is it black? It almost looks like a really dark charcoal gray.
    '88 Mustang GT convertible, T5, 3.08:1 gears. 5.0 Explobra Jet: A9L Mass Air conversion, Fenderwell Mac cold air intake, 70mm MAF meter = 4.6 T-Bird/Cougar housing + '95 Mustang F2VF-12B579-A1A sensor, aftermarket 70mm throttle body and spacer, Explorer intakes, GT40P heads with Alex's Parts springs and drilled for thermactor, Crane F3ZE-6529-AB 1.7 "Cobra" roller rockers, Ford Racing P50 headers, Mac H-pipe, Magnaflow catback, Walbro 190 LPH fuel pump, UPR firewall adjuster and quadrant with Ford OEM cable, 3G conversion ('95 Mustang V6), Taurus fan, rolled on Rustoleum gloss white paint...
    Past Four Eyes: Red well optioned '82 GT 5.0, Black T-top '81 Capri Black Magic 3.3L 4 speed, Black T-top '84 Capri RS 5.0 5 speed.Over 200,000 miles driven in Four Eyes, and over 350,000 in Fox Body cars.

Quote Originally Posted by grabbergreen84 View Post
    Is it black? It almost looks like a really dark charcoal gray.
    Yup it's black.
    --Bill

So haven't done much with the vert this year. My youngest son is about to graduate high school and my house and garage are begging for attention, so they have been my focus lately. Trying to decide what I want the car to look like when done. I always loved Saleens, so kicked around a Saleen tribute build. Also thought of taking all my favorite aspects of all the Saleen foxes and mixing them into the car. Problem is, I don't want to put the wing on it and I like an 86 without ground effects. So thinking that's not the right route for my car. Want to try and set it apart from all the other foxes out there but stay within my minuscule budget. I absolutely love the car, and have deemed it my first keeper. So this car will evolve for years to come. Kicking around ideas, rocker stripes, one large center gray stripe, large center gray strip with blue outlines, offset smaller gray stripe up over the car, paint the moldings gray with no stripes, do a Shelby -ish build ( always wanted a Shelby ) with Shelby GT-S rocker stripes hood stripes and emblems, ugh so many ideas and not sure of what I want yet! Been kicking all these around for over a year now and have yet to pull the trigger on any. Want it to stand out but not obnoxious. Plus I want it to not offend anyone in the Shelby or Saleen world ( if I choose to go either route).
    So there is my brain twister. On a different note , did drive the car to work the other day. Was too nice to resist. And snapped two pics. So here she is.

--Bill

Looking good Bill!

I promise you I am not of much help, as I'm fighting the same dilemma with the beige beast. I have been through so many design ideas with it, my head is still spinning. I collected most of the parts to fully convert it to the 84 1/2 nose but then a buddy turned me on to the Xenon style air dam. Sice I have the 3 piece spoiler on mine, I think the air dam is a better fit as it is more angular as opposed to the rounded factory nose.

I wish I could give you some ideas, but I can't even figure out what direction I'm going. Either way, no matter if you change it or leave it as is, you have and will have a beautiful vert.
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

Quote Originally Posted by 84StangSVT View Post
    Looking good Bill!

I promise you I am not of much help, as I'm fighting the same dilemma with the beige beast.

I wish I could give you some ideas, but I can't even figure out what direction I'm going. Either way, no matter if you change it or leave it as is, you have and will have a beautiful vert.
    Thanks!! I know there are a lot of us with too many ideas and only one car. Haha
    Well I haven't done much to the car lately but did finally swap out my pooched 245/50r17s on the back for a good used set of 275/40r17s. Was worried they wouldn't fit but they fit great!! And I think they look great too. Here is a few pics w the new tire combo and just from having car out

--Bill

Wow, just read whole post. The last few pics compared to the first few....WOW. I bet if you could have seen the now pics back then, you would have said, no way! As far as direction to go from here...Saleen/Shelby/mix of stuff. It's your car. I don't see any problems with a tribute car UNLESS you are trying to present it as the REAL thing. I've got an 85GT that I have kicked around a ton of different ideas and themes on. When I got divorced and single I had tons of time to work on it, but not enough money. Now I am remarried and have a little more money, but not enough time! So I spend my time looking at other people's builds and getting ideas.
    1985 GT, Sunroof, 5 Lug, Rear Discs, 01 Graphite Bullets, 88 forged piston shortblock, 2.02/1.60 Alum heads, Weiand Stealth, Holley C950 TBI, BBK Long tubes

Quote Originally Posted by droopie85gt View Post
    Wow, just read whole post. The last few pics compared to the first few....WOW. I bet if you could have seen the now pics back then, you would have said, no way! As far as direction to go from here...Saleen/Shelby/mix of stuff. It's your car. I don't see any problems with a tribute car UNLESS you are trying to present it as the REAL thing. I've got an 85GT that I have kicked around a ton of different ideas and themes on. When I got divorced and single I had tons of time to work on it, but not enough money. Now I am remarried and have a little more money, but not enough time! So I spend my time looking at other people's builds and getting ideas.
    Thank you! Yes , I never imagined the car would look like it does today. I always wanted a blown 86 but honestly never thought it would become a reality !! I absolutely love this car and what it has become. I can understand the whole no time when there is play money and no play money when there is time. But eventually it will come together, trust me! It did for me as you saw!
    As for what's next for my car, still don't know. Haha. So many ideas. For now just going to work on replacing some window seals , doing some interior work (minor detailing ) , and cleaning things up a bit. Eventually I will figure out whether to do a tribute car of some sort and take the plunge. Till then just enjoying the fact that it has come this far this fast.

--Bill

So this week was the 6 year Anny for me buying the Vert!! Wow! 6 years already! So I just sat and read through my whole build thread again. Brought back great memories! Because of this car, I have made some awesome friends!! This car has become part of my family and so have many of you folks! What a fun six years it has been! Has had its trials and tribulations but all in all been a great time. Looking forward to what's to come in the future!
    So with that all said, got to hang out with some great friends at the American Muscle show yesterday. Here is just a couple pics of our group. What an extremely hot day it was but was still an awesome time!

--Bill

--Bill

Congrats on 6 years and a great outcome!
    Mike
    1986 Mustang convertible ---> BUILD THREAD
    Past Fox-chassis "four eyes":
    1983 Mercury Cougar LS
    1986 Ford Thunderbird ELAN
    1980 Capri RS Turbo

Work in progress website ---> http://carb-rebuilds-plus.boards.net/

So went to a local Under the Stars show tonight. Cleaned the car up for the show with Mothers Gold and wow what a shine out of the old paint. Well the new shine paid off as I came home w a top 50 award out of 400 cars!!

--Bill

Hi Bill, was lookin' for you at the show last night, but just could find you .... Good Work on your Win !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by U-MAN View Post
    Hi Bill, was lookin' for you at the show last night, but just could find you .... Good Work on your Win !!!!
    Sorry I missed you at the show. I would walk around a little and then head back to the car for a bit. But spent more time talking and walking than w the car. Haha. Kind of my MO at local shows. Thanks for the congrats! Made my night!

--Bill

Attended my last show of the season on Saturday , the Vargo Dragway reunion show. They set a record of 733 cars in attendance. Was incredible show! And I managed to come home with a top 25 trophy which was not only a shock but a huge honor!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --Bill

Hate seeing the season come to an end here in the NorthEast. Hoping all you folks squeezed in some last minute driving big time before winter blew in last night. Now time to do some bench racing, next season planning and winter mods to our cars. Hoping to get all my window guides replaced , window seals done, get some heat in the car, do some interior mods n detailing on mine this winter. What's on the list for everyone else?

--Bill

So working on the Vert trying to get her ready for Ford Nats at Carlisle next weekend. Sewed some patches on the top where it was ripped and had holes, replacing all the dew wipes, window run channel seals and window guides. Painted my fog lamp covers, did them in gray to be different. Installing the correct speedo gear for my 4.11s and hopefully installing the correct antennae assembly and a shorty mast. Plus detailing and checking it over for the trip. Have the top patches, fog light covers and drivers door seals and guides all done. Hoping to finish everything else this weekend.

--Bill

Quote Originally Posted by magnum517 View Post
    So working on the Vert trying to get her ready for Ford Nats at Carlisle next weekend. Sewed some patches on the top where it was ripped and had holes, replacing all the dew wipes, window run channel seals and window guides. Painted my fog lamp covers, did them in gray to be different. Installing the correct speedo gear for my 4.11s and hopefully installing the correct antennae assembly and a shorty mast. Plus detailing and checking it over for the trip. Have the top patches, fog light covers and drivers door seals and guides all done. Hoping to finish everything else this weekend.
    Looking good Bill! Glad to hear you got the door weatherstripping done. You will like being able to rest your arm on the door without getting stabbed by old crispy dew wipes. I know I do! Probably one of my favorite repairs yet to date.
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

Quote Originally Posted by 84StangSVT View Post
    Looking good Bill! Glad to hear you got the door weatherstripping done. You will like being able to rest your arm on the door without getting stabbed by old crispy dew wipes. I know I do! Probably one of my favorite repairs yet to date.
    Yeah got to enjoy the nice soft dew wipes on our ride to Cars and Coffee this past Sunday!! What a difference!! And no more rattling window in the door. Can't wait to get all the others done! Dreading the quarter windows as I have been told they are very time consuming. But it will be nice when it's all done and no more rattling and the windows go up and down nicely again!

--Bill

Ok so got tons of work done on the Vert with plans of taking it to the Ford Nats at Carlisle this weekend. Unfortunately I decided to check the front end the other night and to my dismay..,, tons of suspension play!! I rebuilt it 5 years ago but only have a little over 1000 miles on it. Well I used a cheaper line of suspension parts to get the car on the road back then and it came to bite me in the back side. . So the Vert won't be at Carlisle again this year. This time it's getting a whole new Rack as that's starting to leak too. Debating getting a set of Eibach, BBK or Steeda lowering springs and a set of caster/camber plates for it while it's apart and it will need alignment again anyway. Probably going to go for it. So this black cloud may wind up with a silver lining.

--Bill

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast