Close

Default Looking for Fehan's MAC Tools SVO photos

I'm looking for some good photos of this car:

and/or the giveaway car too. I have an old MPC '84 SVO model kit I'd like to build into the race car, but if I can only find pics of the giveaway car, then I'll have to fudge it a bit I guess. I've found Bob Fehan's Flickr site here:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/30071009@N05/ so I already have what's posted there, but a shot or two of the engine, interior, and back end would be great... Anything, really- that's a good looking car.

Try a search on google images of contact Mark Haas, "THESVOTRUST" on svoca.com. He is the current owner of the Mac Tools Race Car.
    Ausie, Aussie, Aussie
    Oi, Oi, Oi

84 1C SVO "Blackie the Wonderbeater" (DECEASED!!!!)
    84 9L SVO T-TOP (under restoration)
    84 1C SVO T-TOP (Deceased)
    86 2R SVO (roller, future pro-tourer)

I've Googled, Bing'd, and Yahoo'd my heart out, but thanks for the lead on Mark Haas- I'll try contacting him.

Mark's is the original Mac Tools SVO. There is a second "Replica" floating around out there that has come up for sale on EBay a few times.

Mark's is the only one built so don't be fooled if somebody tells you otherwise.
    86 LX Coupe 4E
    84 SVO Watkins Glen Pace Car 1E
    85 SVO Hertz 4E
    85.5 SVO 2R orig owner
    86 SVO 7B
    66 Fastback
    55 Willys Jeep Overland Wagon

I have pics of the real one (Mark's car) from a former SVOCA Reunion. Pics can be supplied after work....
    1979 Indy Pace Car Mustang 302 / 5spd
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top 302 / 4spd
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

As promised, these are from the 2005 SVOCA Reunion.....
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

Here is a rear picture, and poster pic.
    `82 Mercury Capri 5.0 4.speed / not RS
    `86 Mercury Capri

thats cool! is the motor all stock or were their mods done to it?

Those are great, thanks a ton!

Quote Originally Posted by 79turbocobra View Post
    Pretty sure the motor is all stock. He even ran it in the auto-x on the Sunday of the show. Was cool to see it running around the cones
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

FEP Member

Quote Originally Posted by 79turbocobra View Post
    Sorry to bring up an old thread..... THe car raced in Showroom stock so motors were allowed to be balanced and blueprinted - but ran stock internals and turbo.

Roush racing did the motor (while the car was getting the cage and paint).
    Jack remembers it (though it is likely Red Johnson) did all the motor work and Jack just remembers getting a check!

It is funny I found some "cheater bleed off" valves in the car (that trick the wastegate) - one of the reasons I've like racing ! EVERYONE had to think like Smokey Yunick !

Mark
    P.S. That outing in 2005 was with BAD gas from 4 years before ! In 2009 I replaced the injectors and the gas - NIGHT AND DAY results. Hope to get the car on track for an event at some time

Hi, Mark, I'm glad you brought up this old thread.

I'd love to see some pics of the interior if you have them, or just get some pointers... Would a car in showroom stock have retained the full interior, carpet, rear seat, and all? How much cage did the car have? Looks like a stock seat on the passenger side of one of the pics- was the driver's seat stock or a racing seat? Did it run the full exhaust, or was the cat deleted? I'm guessing the suspension is stock or very close- did it run any other chassis mods like subframe connectors, tubular K-member, etc?

Thanks for any info or pics you can help me out with.

FEP Member

Hi

There are some here that have been in my garage .. they know you can't take photos's that easy !

I will try and answer (and take photos) YOU might be happy just seeing cage pick up points and style etc etc.

It is a stock interior BOTH seats are retained (with the addition of 5 point)

Cars were run with windows down (which interestingly led LATTER domestic cars to be ordered with leather) In the rain, only a driver suit would get wet (and could be dried) BUT a water soaked seat stayed wet and held the weight.

ALL of you modified questions (for Showroom stock) can't be done. Get a look at an SCCA rulebook if you can. That will help.

Mark
    P.S. Having 3 showroom stock SCCA SVO's made me want a full racecar.
    I ended up with Hal Baer's backup car from the 1988 World Challenge campaign that he won. Not sure what you are trying to build - but if you want a rolling chassis (head start) REALLY cheap let me know !
    That car has a COntext SLA front suspention, Flaming river rack , 9" 4 link , and a FULL CAGE (not the bolt in like in 1983)

Hey Guys...Hey Mark

I can post up some pictures later today when I get home from when I owned the Mac. Lots of interior pictures and even some pictures of the car naked (no decals). Id LOVE to have a ride in the Mac this summer for old time's sake

Andy
    Last edited by 85.5comprepSVO; 02-15-2011 at 12:48 PM. Reason: add picture
    1993 SAAC MKII Convertible (Supercharged)

Quote Originally Posted by TheSVOTrust-MarkHaas View Post
    P.S. That outing in 2005 was with BAD gas from 4 years before ! In 2009 I replaced the injectors and the gas - NIGHT AND DAY results. Hope to get the car on track for an event at some time
    Yes, Mark it didn't run too well back then. I was working the paddock at that SVOCA Auto-X event and remember needing to "nudge" that battery cable so you could get the car started.... Why did you shut off the car between runs, fan wasn't working???
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

Andy......DO IT!!!!!!!!!

Mark, you should load the trailer and bring the car out to the International Mustang Meet In Spokane Washington over the Labor Day long weekend. Full track, awesome car show, hopefully the biggest SVO get together of the year.
    Ausie, Aussie, Aussie
    Oi, Oi, Oi

Quote Originally Posted by TheSVOTrust-MarkHaas View Post
    Not sure what you are trying to build - but if you want a rolling chassis (head start) REALLY cheap let me know !
    Thanks for the info, Mark. I'm just looking to build a fairly accurate 1:25 scale plastic model. From what you're telling me about the interior and suspension, building one in scale seems pretty straightforward, with paint/decals and a cage being the only real modifications from stock you'd be able to see in scale. If getting pics is difficult, don't worry about it. The info you've given is great. I like the logic in having the leather seats for being waterproof.

Andy, if you have pics already, I'd love to see em.

When I get around to working on the mini-Mac, I'll post pics.

eric

Hey Eric...

well...Im either about to make your day, or ruin it depending on your point of view. When I had the "full size" Mac car, I also decided to build a 1:25. Every detail is on it, from the full cage to the extinguisher plunger. Having had to do the graphics from scratch for the real car, I had the graphics company make me a scale size set for my 1:25 project....so, you can do it ! BUT, you wont be the first.... If you want your life a little easier, I still have some 1:25 sets of decals!

Default MAC Pix

OK...feast on these...

Andy

Default more...

you can imagine the fun I had putting in the new headliner. I put in a "new" windshield (original car-lite with correct W-100 number), so that made it a little easier.

Thanks, Andy! Those shots will be very useful.

Your model looks great! I hope mine turns out as good. I had no intentions of being the first to build a model of it- I just want one for myself.

Andy, question for ya.......why were the original decals replaced??
    Ausie, Aussie, Aussie
    Oi, Oi, Oi

Hey Chalky...

the original decals we not the original. Somewhere along the way - I think in the 90s sometime, somebody put some pretty crappy decals on it that were not even the original style. I painstakingly researched pictures, old articles and such and was lucky to have a good rapport with a designer at a local sign shop. It took him a few weeks to nail the look and dimensions of the original stuff, but man did he ever get 'em right - custom design work like that aint cheap either, but the MAC was definately a car worthy of the effort and cost...not to mention, I love doing decal application work, so it truly was a labor of love

Andy

Default I have the photos you are looking for

I have the SVO photos you are looking for but after further review, I see they are already posted.
    Last edited by deanricci; 07-04-2017 at 07:44 PM.