Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Exclamation Dynacorn to Build Fox Mustang Bodies?

Hold on, before you scrap that rusty / wreck!

http://www.stangtv.com/news/dynacorn...ustang-bodies/

Just sux that they are made in China, I myself would NEVER purchase one for that reason alone
    Current Cars:
    83 GT Turbo All org w/ org paint 127k miles
    84 GT350 5.0 Period correct changes 5spd T Top 44k org miles
    83 LTD Wagon I6 65k miles
    2010 Mercury Milan AWD
    2019 Flex SEL

Past Cars: 79 Pace Car 5.0 Auto, 80 I6 Coupe, 79 I6 Coupe, 81 4cyl Coupe, 92GT, 83 Capri RS Turbo, 82GT TTop, 83 GT 5.0, 84 GT350 5.0 Auto, 86 ASC Capri coupe #1, 78 5.0 Granada Coupe, 03 MACH 1 2013 Flex Limited

Very cool!!!!!!

David
    82 Tan Mustang Coupe with 5.0 5 speed(For Sale)
    85 Black Saleen Mustang 85-99
    85 ASC McLaren Coupe
    86 ASC McLaren EuroCoupe

Coming Soon: Red 84 1/2 GT Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by 8384GT View Post
    Just sux that they are made in China, I myself would NEVER purchase one for that reason alone
    I think they buy the original tooling from Ford to make them.

So at least all the dimensions should be correct.

Still dont see them selling many of them. Its gonna cost ATLEAST (and this is wayyyyyy low balling it) $5K for just the SHELL. You can find rust free complete bodies for $1-2K EASY in cali/arizona and then $1K or so to ship it anywhere around the country. So for $2-3K you can have a complete (and sometimes running) car from cali that already has all the parts you need or $5K (again low balling) for a shell that you still need a donor car. Is it just me or is it more logical to just buy one from cali or something
    Son of Jleews6, Johnny 5
    85 GT 1C Vert = Grey int. no power options but A/C.
    85 GT 2R Hatch = "Pepper"ALL original sunroof car grey int.,full scale restoration coming one day
    85 GT 2A Hatch = tan int. 2.5" full exhaust, frame connectors, AutoMeter Pro Comp gauges, 5-Lug w/17" Bullitts, converted to FI, 8.8 w/3.55s etc.
    85 GT 1C Hatch = Dads new toy ALL ORIGINAL
    85 GS/RS 4D Hatch = My first capri
    73 Mach 1 - 351 2bbl Auto Yellow w/Tan interior

Banned

stop bitching you guys....be honored that they are manufacturing NEW fox chassis..that means that there is enough of a following to be worth while..

id buy one and build the hell out of it...that way cars like my SVO wont get hacked up.

Banned

why doe it matter? american cars made in mexico and canada dont bother you...and where do you think all the electronics in american cars come from? yep...asia

Quote Originally Posted by jaidedeye View Post
    stop bitching you guys....be honored that they are manufacturing NEW fox chassis..that means that there is enough of a following to be worth while..

id buy one and build the hell out of it...that way cars like my SVO wont get hacked up.
    It doesn't say anywhere that this is definite. This article is from back in August when it was discussed on this site back then as well.

Knowing the cost of the current Dynacorn chassis' (upwards of 14K) it is still more cost effective to purchase an existing fox.

Official FOX-A-QUE Threads
    : 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009

Dynacorn has a reputation for reproducing premium quality bodies.

I'm sure these will be for the next generation of "pro" Fox builders. What I find most
    interesting is that they think the Fox Mustang will achieve this level of long term cult
    status to justify doing the R&D and production work. Hard to say what the Fox shells
    might retail for, the '67 Mustang shells MSRP for $15,500

http://www.dynacornclassicbodies.com/ford_models2.html

FEP Power Member

This was discussed before

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...light=dynacorn

And for anyone that thinks they can buy a body from dynacorn for 5k, keep dreaming.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eeprete View Post
    It doesn't say anywhere that this is definite. This article is from back in August when it was discussed on this site back then as well.

Knowing the cost of the current Dynacorn chassis' (upwards of 14K) it is still more cost effective to purchase an existing fox.
    considering the time and money to bring an old worn out fox chassis back to new condition i think it would be more cost effective to start fresh with a new one unless you are talking about an SVO, anniversary, gt turbo, capri or other specialty Vin fox chassis...in that case save the original, those are gonna be the ones worth money later on

considering the time and money to bring an old worn out fox chassis back to new condition i think it would be more cost effective to start fresh with a new one unless you are talking about an SVO, anniversary, gt turbo, capri or other specialty Vin fox chassis...in that case save the original, those are gonna be the ones worth money later on
    my point is, the market still hasn't lost enough solid chassis' to justify such an expenditure.

A fox has always been known as something that was affordable (how else could it have become so popular). I can have a solid chassis 4 cylinder california car on my doorstep for less than 2K, and a V8 for a little more.

Can Dynacorn do that?

Banned

my point is, the market still hasn't lost enough solid chassis' to justify such an expenditure.

A fox has always been known as something that was affordable (how else could it have become so popular). I can have a solid chassis 4 cylinder california car on my doorstep for less than 2K, and a V8 for a little more.

Can Dynacorn do that?
    i agree as of right now..im speaking from looking long term...the way things are going the foxbody mustang is going to be the next 1st gen camaro in 10 years.

why doe it matter? american cars made in mexico and canada dont bother you...and where do you think all the electronics in american cars come from? yep...asia

Yes i understand what you are saying BUT i have no control of that!!!! BUT i do have control of this type of purchase.....would not buy it because its NOT made in the USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Current Cars:
    83 GT Turbo All org w/ org paint 127k miles
    84 GT350 5.0 Period correct changes 5spd T Top 44k org miles
    83 LTD Wagon I6 65k miles
    2010 Mercury Milan AWD
    2019 Flex SEL

Past Cars: 79 Pace Car 5.0 Auto, 80 I6 Coupe, 79 I6 Coupe, 81 4cyl Coupe, 92GT, 83 Capri RS Turbo, 82GT TTop, 83 GT 5.0, 84 GT350 5.0 Auto, 86 ASC Capri coupe #1, 78 5.0 Granada Coupe, 03 MACH 1 2013 Flex Limited

Banned

Yes i understand what you are saying BUT i have no control of that!!!! BUT i do have control of this type of purchase.....would not buy it because its NOT made in the USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    being brand loyal is one thing but not buying something becuase its not made in america nowdays is almost impossible...our country outsources almost everything to be built or produced across the border or accros the pacific..all american car manufactures are doing it to save money. most modern american motors are based off of japanese technology...hell, the SHO had a yamaha engine in it

I got to wondering about the Mustang production numbers by year.

This seems to be posted in a number of different venues;

1964 to 1966 : Originals – 1,288,557

1967 to 1973: Big Boys – 1,688,953

1974 to 1978: Mustang II – 1,107,718

1979 to 1993: Fox Chassis – 2,597,714 <--- Holy Cow!

1994 to 1998: SN95 Small Scoop – 729,670

1999 to 2004: SN95 New Edge – 915,900

2005 to 2009: S197 Modern – 513,984

i agree as of right now..im speaking from looking long term...the way things are going the foxbody mustang is going to be the next 1st gen camaro in 10 years.
    Unfortunately, I can't agree.

The market is so flooded with vehicles that aren't selling (and I am talking great cars), let alone the prospect of a chassis to build from scratch?

And lets face it, the 67-68 chassis' are not flying off the shelf either, as people still will take the cheap route building what they can afford and not what they can dream about.

It's pretty unfortunate as our cars are at a point where they can (and some are) start to become collectible, however the economy has done a number on everything from top to bottom.

Most people are barely scraping by these days, and those with the means aren't spending anything saving it instead for a rainy day. Much of our economy is based on speculation and I am afraid to say we may likely never see that same economic strength again. The world has become a global marketplace. Just like the Dynacorn bodies are being made elsewhere, its just as easy to ship almost any job overseas.

If you had the money to build a 50k pro street / show car,
    it might make "sense" to start with a new shell?

That's out of my league, but it is done.

I'd imagine they don't have to sell that many to make money.
    Manufacturing costs are ridiculously low in China.

Banned

The market is so flooded with vehicles that aren't selling (and I am talking great cars), let alone the prospect of a chassis to build from scratch?

And lets face it, the 67-68 chassis' are not flying off the shelf either, as people still will take the cheap route building what they can afford and not what they can dream about.

It's pretty unfortunate as our cars are at a point where they can (and some are) start to become collectible, however the economy has done a number on everything from top to bottom.

Most people are barely scraping by these days, and those with the means aren't spending anything saving it instead for a rainy day. Much of our economy is based on speculation and I am afraid to say we may likely never see that same economic strength again. The world has become a global marketplace. Just like the Dynacorn bodies are being made elsewhere, its just as easy to ship almost any job overseas.

yes the collector market is taking a hit...i cant believe how cheap some of the cars on barrett jackson and mecum are selling for. fox chassis cars are already going up in value to the collector. look at the KBB and NADA value of the cars vs what they are really selling for...in most cases at least double the price. that in itself proves that the cars are worth more and collectable even though the economy is taking a big hit...the value of our cars may not be going up as much as we like but it is increasing. fortunately we have a big enough following for the cars to keep the interest alive..that certainly cant be said for the third gen camaros.

ive been in the Air force for over 15 years so i havent really been affected by the economy or job market and my wife is a dental hygienist and has been working for the same doctor for 9 years now...so therefore i really cant comment on taking a hit becuae of the economy..i do feel bad for those who are victims of it though...

all i can say is vote republican next time around

Aw man,
    did ya hafta kick the ball outta bounds?

Your argument is sound, but it could possibly tip the scales in another direction, just as the fuel crunch did for the musclecars of the sixties. The fact that these cars are not selling:

-Brings down their value,
    -Makes them more attainable to (not being specific here) a greater number of folks who are sloppy driving and maintaining a vehicle,
    -Which leads to cars being used as appliances,
    -Which leads to cars being scrapped/totalled,
    -Which could cause today's current number of survivors to plummet closer to the level of those fabled musclecars of the past,
    -Which leads us to a possible increase in the value of future survivors,
    -Hence the need to reproduce Fox shells.
    Last edited by DadBox; 10-05-2010 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DadBox View Post
    Your argument is sound, but it could possibly tip the scales in another direction, just as the fuel crunch did for the musclecars of the sixties. The fact that these cars are not selling:

-Brings down their value,
    -Makes them more attainable to (not being specific here) a greater number of folks who are sloppy driving and maintaining a vehicle,
    -Which leads to cars being used as appliances,
    -Which leads to cars being scrapped/totalled,
    -Which could cause today's current number of survivors to plummet closer to the level of those fabled musclecars of the past,
    -Which leads us to a possible increase in the value of future survivors,
    -Hence the need to reproduce Fox shells.
    correct, but only if interest is maintained.

Think about it this way, as its somewhat of a double-edged sword.

The Mustang has been the one car (outside of a Corvette) that has lasted across generations. So therefore interest in the current breed is fairly strong. However outside of the original generation of cars (along with current (05+), its not incredibly strong (other than those that have maintained interest in those vehicles).

Sadly, we also live in a now-now society, that also happens to be a throw away society, so therefore if its not perfect and not current, its not relevant either.

I think if the Mustang (god-forbid) went away, then such a need might exist, as the more you take out of circulation, the increased need exists. Perhaps I am completely off-base here, perhaps not.

yes the collector market is taking a hit...i cant believe how cheap some of the cars on barrett jackson and mecum are selling for. fox chassis cars are already going up in value to the collector. look at the KBB and NADA value of the cars vs what they are really selling for...in most cases at least double the price. that in itself proves that the cars are worth more and collectable even though the economy is taking a big hit...the value of our cars may not be going up as much as we like but it is increasing. fortunately we have a big enough following for the cars to keep the interest alive..that certainly cant be said for the third gen camaros.

ive been in the Air force for over 15 years so i havent really been affected by the economy or job market and my wife is a dental hygienist and has been working for the same doctor for 9 years now...so therefore i really cant comment on taking a hit becuae of the economy..i do feel bad for those who are victims of it though...

I too work in gov't but we've been affected too as we've had three rounds of layoffs in the last 4 yrs or so.

and please keep it going, love to hear the positives and negatives of this whole thing but would also ask to leave the political commentary off as then we'd have to lock the thread if it gets too political.

Banned

I too work in gov't but we've been affected too as we've had three rounds of layoffs in the last 4 yrs or so.

and please keep it going, love to hear the positives and negatives of this whole thing but would also ask to leave the political commentary off as then we'd have to lock the thread if it gets too political.
    yeah its unfortunate that hard working americans are losing jobs after years of dedicated service to thier employers. i bite the bullet of possibly being taken down in combat but at the same time im so thankful that i still have a job in this horrible economy

at any rate i hope that all of our passion for these cars continues...i for one am not really worried about becoming rich off my foxbody's...what i love is the cars themselves, driving them and the great group of people i have met along the way.

yeah its unfortunate that hard working americans are losing jobs after years of dedicated service to thier employers
    The Reason our economy is so **** right now is the fact everything is made overseas!

We, the USA, literally manufacture nothing and import everything.

An economy made up of merchants but no manufactures cannot last very long.

Ok, ill step down off the soapbox.... but I would refuse to buy a car made in china.
    Tony

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast