Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reputation?

Quote Originally Posted by rancheronut View Post
    this is why I don’t believe in the green line. people just add to it for the fun or for there buddy's.
    True, I just want my Sally Field moment...
    1984 Predator 4S-130
    1984 Predator Cobra 4S-149

Had (in order): 83GL 3.8L notch, 86 3.8L hatch, 83 3.8L vert, 90GT hatch, 86GT hatch, 83GLX 3.8L Vert

Quote Originally Posted by mattster34 View Post
    True, I just want my Sally Field moment...

<------- See, see??? It worked! You do like me! Or someone wanted me to shut up... Either way...
    Last edited by mattster34; 07-10-2011 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Didn't line up
    1984 Predator 4S-130

Had (in order): 83GL 3.8L notch, 86 3.8L hatch, 83 3.8L vert, 90GT hatch, 86GT hatch, 83GLX 3.8L Vert

Quote Originally Posted by mattster34 View Post
    <------- See, see??? It worked! You do like me! Or someone wanted me to shut up... Either way...
    I figured it would keep you quiet for alittle while Mattster

Quote Originally Posted by EVIL8286 View Post
    I figured it would keep you quiet for alittle while Mattster
    Good you did it when you did... I was about to bribe people with a free Predator...
    1984 Predator 4S-130

Isn't the point of the rep points to promote people that give good advice, help others out, etc?

You guys are just circle j*rking! Lets save it for people that deserve it! I also noticed that you all already have high points. Guess I see how it works. Too bad.

^^ that's your first post??!
    -Duane
    1981 Mercury Capri RS Turbo
    V8 302 5 speed.
    Build Thread http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...=113378&page=1

Neither here nor there

Quote Originally Posted by Duey782 View Post
    ^^ that's your first post??!
    May not have been the way to introduce himself but he does make a valid point LOL

I rep'd him for it.
    ~Corey
    80 Cobra
    07 F150

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by foxstang View Post
    Isn't the point of the rep points to promote people that give good advice, help others out, etc?

You guys are just circle j*rking! Lets save it for people that deserve it! I also noticed that you all already have high points. Guess I see how it works. Too bad.
    I agree completely. This is why we may well get rid of the reputation system when we upgrade. Threads like this where folks just swap rep points furiously makes the system utterly worthless. Of course, should we lock threads like this, folks will just take that as an opportunity to cry oppression and whatnot and it's just not worth the drama.

When it was introduced, we encouraged users to give points to those who were helpful on the boards, those who were good sellers, etc. That was the intent of it. So many events like this have happened that rep points don't really tell anyone anything.

Nottingham, PA now...from Perryville, MD...From Levittown, PA

Other boards I am active on also got rid of the post counts to stop hyper posting just to say I got XYZ posts, I rule.
    My name is Andrew
    1986 GT Convertible- 2nd owner
    1984 SVO-Impound Yard find

Quote Originally Posted by evlgt85 View Post
    Of course, should we lock threads like this, folks will just take that as an opportunity to cry oppression and whatnot and it's just not worth the drama.
    I was going to say that the thread could've been locked after My original question was answered, but you have a point. I gave FoxChassis rep for his help, just simply because he helped and I appriciated it, and this is the first time I've posted in this thread since. I suppose I started a rep frenzy...... sorry!
    Chris

Had
    Too many that I wish I'd kept!

Have
    69 Mach 1 "M" Code
    82 GT 308(my 1st stang)
    82 GT T-top (a new beginning) Rebuild Thread
    71 Torino GT

I was trying to avoid this post as it's ususally just turns into a reputation party. I'm happy to read that the moderators have it under control.
    Black 1985 GT: 408w, in the 6's in the 1/8 mile
    Bimini Blue 1988 LX 5.0 Coupe 5-speed, Hellion turbo, zero options
    Grabber Yellow 1973 Mustang Mach 1: 351c, toploader
    Black 2012 5.0 GT, 6-speed, Brembo brakes, 3.73's
    Wimbledon White 1966 F-100 Shortbed Styleside, 390, Tremec 3550, FiTech EFI

I guess it's my fault for resurrecting a thread that was almost a year old... my apologies. Guess I was feeling left out since I had good buyer/seller exeriences and thought I had contributed something helpful from time to time but didn't have any rep points to show for it. Lesson learned.

I do like the Corral's rep system as far as buying/selling things go. That seems to work and has less potential for abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by evlgt85 View Post
    I agree completely. This is why we may well get rid of the reputation system when we upgrade. Threads like this where folks just swap rep points furiously makes the system utterly worthless. Of course, should we lock threads like this, folks will just take that as an opportunity to cry oppression and whatnot and it's just not worth the drama.

When it was introduced, we encouraged users to give points to those who were helpful on the boards, those who were good sellers, etc. That was the intent of it. So many events like this have happened that rep points don't really tell anyone anything.
    1984 Predator 4S-130

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12