Close

Default (His) 1988 T-Top hatch LX & (Hers) 1980 Ghia coupe

His: 1988 Mustang T-Top Hatch LX
    Originally a 2.3 Automatic car, now has carbed 306 with MAC headers, Weiand intake, Ported and Polished GT40 heads, Ford Motorsport "F" cam, underdrive pulleys, Griffin alum radiator, Forged flat top pistons, Holley 650, Sumped tank with Holley blue electric pump, King cobra clutch, pro 5.0 shifter, Tremec 5 speed, aluminum driveshaft, sub-frame connectors, 3:55 gears, MAC single chamber muflers dumped, BBK off-road h-pipe, MSD 6al ignition.....and I think that is all. lol Probably some I forgot. Some of the parts like the Radiator have not been installed yet because I am still "tuning" the car and I have a bad habit of laying tools on top of the radiator and I do not want to screw up my Griffin radiator. Plan on hanging onto this car for a while. Always wanted a aero t-top car. Managed to find this one in a local junkyard for $300. Only thing that had been robbed from it was a seatbelt, the seats, and a radiator. No one knew why it was brought there or where it came from (new owners after the car was brought in) BUT they did have the title. SCORE! lol They just thought it was a regular ol mustang so I played along until I payed for it and got the title in my hand. Told them that was the last year for a t-top mustang and I had not seen many LX 2.3 cars. Long story short, brought it home got it running. Drove it a little and then parted the drive train out. And now it has what I listed above. Now that the drive train is all mostly done its on to rust repair. Sitting in a junkyard for 6 years with leaking t-top seals is apparently not good for floor boards! lol

Pictures of the 88:
    Pretty happy day...

T-Top bags were under the back seat!

New motor:

Looks basically the same on the outside with the exception of a cobra R hood, Chrome Cobra R rims, and a 3 piece cobra spoiler (Best spoiler IMO)

Hers: 1980 Mustang Ghia Coupe
    Straight six 3.3 with an automatic C4
    Simulated Convertible top
    124k miles
    Bought off my cousin for $200 who got it from an estate auction where it has sat since 1994.So rust had taken over the trunk lid! Few other small rusted places that can be cured fairly easy. I have pulled the vinyl off because it was demolished and I wanted to check for rust underneath. Luckily it is perfect. I have already replaced the trunk lid with a spare I Had. Done a little cleaning on it. It runs flawless just needs brakes. The vinyl will go back on when money allows. Floors are perfect so thats why the trunk lid throws me off! Maybe it was swapped out at some point. We are not rich by any means so Progress will be slow so bare with us.

Pictures:
    Pick up day...

Sorry so long but thats both of our current projects.

Cool projects,I think you can save the trunk on that Ghia.

Quote Originally Posted by EVIL8286 View Post
    Cool projects,I think you can save the trunk on that Ghia.
    I'm not even sure if the big man him self can save that trunk lid! lol

I do have it hanging in my garage though! I found it pretty impressive because I have never seen one rust so bad.

Nice '88. That Ghia is a cool project.
    '85GT Bright Atlantic Blue
    '92LX Bimini Blue-sold
    '93 COBRA Teal Metallic-sold
    '86SVO Oxford White-sold
    '86GT 'Vert True Blue-sold
    '81'GT' Medium Red-sold

Quote Originally Posted by escogt View Post
    Nice '88. That Ghia is a cool project.
    Thanks!
    Had never seen a Ghia with a "Simulated Convertible Top"

My last two 4 eye cars:

That trunk lid was horrible. But I must say I love this car & cannot wait to see how much better it looks in the months or maybe years to come (depending on the money that comes in my paychecks lol)