Close

Default Race season at US131

Well our points season ended today at 131 and we run the Modified class there. Today we got rained out, well I was able to get one time run in before the rain came. But that is okay with us because it means that we got locked into finishing the season in 3rd place in points, and that is out of 75 drivers. Next week we get to participate in the bracket finals where 4 other tracks come to 131 to race, so it should a good time had by all. I can not thank my beautiful wife enough for all the work and support she gives on a weekly basis, and this year my kids, who are 4 and 2, started riding in the car with me up to the staging lanes. But we also thank God for a safe and fun year and we plan on doing this for many years to come. Just thought I would share.
    1986 GT
    347 n/a 11:1 comp
    AOD Lentech
    4.56 gears
    11.27@119.1

Congrats on the great year, and good luck at the bracket finals. sounds like you're bringing up two future racers. It takes a supportive wife to be able to race on a weekly basis. I too have been blessed in that department.

Safe and fun, the two most important words in racing IMO.

I'll be waiting to hear how you make out at the finals. Details please, I love reading race reports!
    408/T5/3.73's

We're not fast racers, we're more what's known as half fast racers.

You got it.
    1986 GT
    AOD Lentech
    4.56 gears
    11.27@119.1

Congrats on a great season. If your MOD class is anything like ours, you are sure playing in the deep end of the pool (tough class here).

Next weekend (9/23-27) is the bracket finals here at our home track too. Although I won't be in it, I will be there to cheer for the home team. Must be something wrong with me that I like to watch bracket racing I took this year off from chasing any points and was happy with that, but think I have things sorted enough to go back at it again next year. It's the whole "fun" thing Mike mentioned, for a while there it wasn't, but I think I found a new combo to save parts.

The people we race with are incredibly talented group and are just as nice and humble. They willing to help in any way they can to help if you need it.
    1986 GT
    AOD Lentech
    4.56 gears
    11.27@119.1

Is this in the Lane auto series?
    1982 Capri RS - Sold
    1979 Fairmont - Sold
    1988 Mustang GT - Sold
    1984.5 Mustang GT - Sold
    2001 Mustang GT - Sold
    1983 Mustang GT - Current