Close

Default Mustang Aftermarket Convertibles

I think the best place for this thread is in the 'aftermaket convertible conversions' section, so please do not move this thread to the "for sale" section. I often find these on-line, so I tought it would be good to share them as I find them. If you find one, please also add it here...or if you have one for sale, add it here (feel free to also add it to the 'for sale' section).

Here is a '82 Bivouac roadster. Looks real nice. Here is the info:

1982 Mustang GLX convertible by Bivouac
    Sold new at McCafferty Ford in Langhorne, PA
    88,328 original miles
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 12-04-2010 at 08:17 AM.

FEP Power Member

That car is mrmustangs, a member here.

Default '80 Mustang Conv - Baby Blue

Seller does not know the converter. (Let us know if you think you know).

Info:
    Up for auction is this 1980 Mustang convertible. This vehicle ran well and was in good shape before it was parked more than ten years ago. The garage it is in became leaky. This would be an excellent project car. It is complete.
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 12-04-2010 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by slimwhitman View Post
    Seller does not know the converter. (Let us know if you think you know).

Info:
    Up for auction is this 1980 Mustang convertible. This vehicle ran well and was in good shape before it was parked more than ten years ago. The garage it is in became leaky. This would be an excellent project car. It is complete.
    That has all the signs for an early Tomaso Mustang convertible conversion.

And yes, the one above is indeed mine

Bill S.

Default '81 Black Mustang conv in Albany

Unknown converter.

1981 Mustang
    Date: 2010-09-15, 1:53PM EDT

1981 ford Mustang MFG date 12/1980 V8 pny 250 convertible; Never seen winter 24/7 inside kept ; 78k miles. We simply do not have the time to drive it. If your looking for a Junk car to restore this Aint IT. If your looking for a mustang that needs a little TLC please inquire

Unknown converter.

1981 Mustang
    Date: 2010-09-15, 1:53PM EDT

1981 ford Mustang MFG date 12/1980 V8 pny 250 convertible; Never seen winter 24/7 inside kept ; 78k miles. We simply do not have the time to drive it. If your looking for a Junk car to restore this Aint IT. If your looking for a mustang that needs a little TLC please inquire

Also a Tomaso.The key is looking at the pictures in photoshop and getting rid of the glare. Not a bad looking car for the money, although it does worry me that they did not get better, more detailed shots.

Bill S.
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 12-04-2010 at 08:22 AM.

This is a "research" forum so lets keep the tech in, i.e. identifying the covertible conversion company, and the selling out. Otherwise it will get moved to the classifieds. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    This is a "research" forum so lets keep the tech in, i.e. identifying the covertible conversion company, and the selling out. Otherwise it will get moved to the classifieds. Thanks.
    Not cool. The point of this is that over time there will be photos of bunches of different convertibles by different makers. We can start to compare them to understand the details of each. Even if the finder or seller does not know the conversion, there will be someone here to help. Throwing this into the classified section will cause this thread to be lost in the masses. Face it, the "Aftermarket Conv" section is pretty sleepy, lets not take away the tiny bit of life it does have. This is the only FEF section I visit.

And why not add the advertised details to the message. Someboby might actually see it here and want to save the car.

Keep it to tech, which can include posting images, ID'ing and pointing out differences between the different convertible conversions (companies), etc. and keep the FYI ads and selling in the classifieds and it'll all work out. This forum is not going to turn into an extension of the classifieds.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    Keep it to tech, which can include posting images, ID'ing and pointing out differences between the different convertible conversions (companies), etc. and keep the FYI ads and selling in the classifieds and it'll all work out. This forum is not going to turn into an extension of the classifieds.
    Fine. I will end my membership. My only interest is in coach convertibles and helping the discussion of them. I will do that elsewhere if you do not like me energizing this sleepy part of the forums in my own way.

Anyone know what company converted this Mustang?
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 12-04-2010 at 08:14 AM.

Anyone know what company converted this Mustang?

As the black on above, this one is also a Tomaso that someone has butchered the replacement top. I've requested some additional pictures which will erase any doubts as to the manufacturer. I'll post them if he sends them.

Bill S.
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 12-04-2010 at 08:15 AM.

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

This car looks so fugly; it looks like something somebody converted it in their backyard. Also, the third pic is of a GM interior.

Default '80 Mustang - What is it?

Here is another one.

Do any of you know the converter of this car? The owner does not know.
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 12-08-2010 at 02:19 PM.

It looks like a Milan conversion. I have one too for sale, top mechanizm is in, have the top, not installed

Quote Originally Posted by bernd View Post
    It looks like a Milan conversion. I have one too for sale, top mechanizm is in, have the top, not installed
    Please contact me off list if you have a Milan. I know some folks interested in a coach-built convertible Mustang. kcdesoto1 (at) hotmail (dot) com

Please send photos if you have them.