Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 2010 NW4IBBQ is a wrap!

Below are just the individual photos, with no captions. For the full meal deal, captions, fill shots, and all, go to the website:

Northwest Foureye Barbecue 2010: official pics and report
    Last edited by f4fntm; 09-05-2010 at 02:44 AM.
    Lee
    '79 Mustang Ghia 5.0 notch

Saturday the 28th of August was once again time for the world's biggest roundup of Dearborn's finest at the Northwest Foureye Barbecue. Master of Ceremonies Neil Knutson and cast of volunteers manned the fort as enthusiasts from all over the West stampeded into the annual gab 'n grubfest in Arlington, Washington. After the thundering foureyed herd came to a rest and the clouds of dust settled, fifty-three SVOs and foureyed Mustangs and Capris were lined up for inspection. Another record-setting day, thanks to Neil's tireless recruiting. For those who're counting, it was thirty-eight 'Stangs and fifteen Capris.

The weather cooperated wonderfully, the sunny sky dotted with fluffy white clouds, about 70 degrees or so. A little rain had fallen a day or two earlier, laying down just enough moisture to keep the dust down. Several tents had sprung up in the field the night before, and campers reported excellent conditions.

Variety seemed to be the theme this year, with specimens of many rarely seen foureyes. An ASC McLaren Capri, two or three comp-prep SVOs, a dealer-option T-roof SVO, an orange Recaro-equipped Cobra, a Saleen convertible, a Pace Car replica, as well as two Black Magic Capris, one black and one white.

By 11 o'clock or so, everyone had arrived, and there were a lot of people on hand! Seemingly hundreds of owners and family members strolled through the two long lines of cars, snapping photos, talking endlessly. Repeat attendees re-discovered friends from prior BBQs, decried the absence of others, and invariably made new ones. Clumps of enthusiasts roamed the field, giving each car a thorough going-over, and finding something interesting to discuss about every one of them.

After everyone had talked themselves hoarse, Nelson (chef outfit!), Charlotte and others (many thanks to all!) put together a big feed of burgers, dogs, potato salad, crock pot after crock pot of baked beans, and a host of add-ons and trimmings. Red licorice to boot! Speaking of volunteers, Bill the Cougar Nut (sadly foureye-less) and Nolan parked cars, while Linda manned the T-shirt booth throughout the entire day.

Lunch consumed and camera batteries exhausted all around, it was time for some to depart, while a big group opted to stick around for a cruise laid out by His Eminence, Neil. Those who stayed were not disappointed - the area around Arlington is rural and scenic, and we we treated to twenty miles or so of all the best it has to offer. Very nice!

The 7th Annual NW4IBBQ was another booming success. The only way it could've been better is if you had been there, so start planning now for next year. It wasn't too far for our long-distance winner, Mike (AT6svo): 1306 miles one way from San Diego! We will see you here!

Last edited by f4fntm; 09-05-2010 at 09:26 PM.
    Lee

Lee

Lee

Lee

Great pics! Looks like a fun meet! Wish it wasn't so far away!

Website snafus aside, and taking my official hat off, this BBQ was really awesome! Weather perfect, operations went off w/o a hitch, food was excellent, more great cars and great people than ever. Somehow, I managed to get pics of everyone while chatting them up (a lot, in some cases!) and didn't feel too pressed for time.

Whattya think, Neil? I'm gonna call it the best NW4IBBQ ever, and that's saying a mouthful, cuz they've all been great!
    Lee

FEP Supporter

North of Seattle, near the "Four-Eye-Field-of-Dreams"

I would have to agree, the entire day went by smoothly. I am working the bugs out and I actually got to spend some time with each guest this year. We had fewer helpers this year, but they really did a great job, the best ever. Nolan is forever locked into greeting the guests as they arrive and directing them to parking. This year I was blessed by Liz and her husband that sat at the sign in table all day and made sure that everybody got a name tag, Nelson flipping burgers in a cloud of smoke for over an hour as we fed well over a hundred guests, Bill ( The Cougar Nut ) parking the cars, Bev ( my mother-in-law ) helping in the cook shack and the carrot cake, Linda making those T-shirts fly off the table, 84NavyCat for helping me put the cook shack together the day before, and AT6SVO filled out the name tags near midnight the night before.
    The real superstar of this party was my wife, Charlotte. She did the shopping on Thursday, prepped all the food on Friday, while working both days, and on Saturday she stayed at the house making sure everything got packed and then transported all the food and the now world famous 4-Eye Beans, to the field. She just landed a new job with benifits and had to burn her "birthday day with pay" to be with us Saturday, and this party happend on our 34th wedding anniversary. Let me tell everyone that I really LOVE this lady !!!!!!!!
    Some of the highlights for me this year... the rain the day before, thank you Lord. The look of disbelief at times from AT6SVO, the good-ness of the burgers cooked on our new "CharBroil Infrared" grill ( do I get my kickback now? ), our long distance travelers, darn near maxing out the field with cars, the phone call with Skye, and the country drive.
    Next month, Mustang Marty and I will travel to Lee's house for a de-briefing and see if we can refine it further for next year.
    I am tired, happy and now I will take my bride out for breakfast for out 34th.
    Neil
    Check out the Northwest "4-Eye" BBQ here >>> WWW.NWFOUREYEBBQ.COM

foureyebbq@hotmail.com (to be put on the BBQ list )

Lots of pics of my ride for your viewing pleasure....
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2052657/1

Quote Originally Posted by f4fntm View Post
    Website snafus aside, and taking my official hat off, this BBQ was really awesome! Weather perfect, operations went off w/o a hitch, food was excellent, more great cars and great people than ever. Somehow, I managed to get pics of everyone while chatting them up (a lot, in some cases!) and didn't feel too pressed for time.

Whattya think, Neil? I'm gonna call it the best NW4IBBQ ever, and that's saying a mouthful, cuz they've all been great!
    Understatemant Lee. I think as the size grows you are going to have to stop halfway through and join us for lunch lol!!!
    Tireless effort by all as usual. Neil, Charlotte,Nelson and Nolan you should all be proud for how the day turned out. As usual it was another fantastic gathering and friendly smiling people at every turn. 53 cars in the field means you can strut around with a puffed out chest and be proud of the fruits of your labor .An amazing day
    1986 Mustang GT (SOLD)
    1985 mustang GT
    1953 belair 350/350(SOLD)
    1982 Thunderbird ( collector)
    1985 GMC (sold)
    1999 F150
    1988 Mustang GT

Look'd like an awesome event and a great turnout. Thanks for all the pictures. Might have to go visit that sister of mine in Olympia with one of the cars next year!
    2012 Boss 302

1985 Canyon Red GT "Dominator package" T-Tops . . 7 year restoration

1986 GT Conv. (Rare Black/Tan combo) Original 58k car

1985.5 SVO . . #242 of 439, #50 of 75 1B Medium Charcoal Metallic 4 year restoration

FEP Supporter

Lee, I think you missed one. The red stang between the blue vert and the Crippler's Capri is a red stang with John and Andre. The blue vert was in space 50 and then it was John, the Crippler ( Scott) and Tim with wife Emily, total 53 cars.

SO bummed I couldn't make it

Robert
    1984 RS 347 Capri, To many car parts to list, check out my car build page here for the story on my car and a full parts list/setup!:

My RS in Action

FEP Supporter

Hemlock, if you really want to attend, send me an email to the addy in the big red link with your full name, mailing address and email address and I will get a flyer to you for the 2011 BBQ.

Thanks to everyone who was involved in putting on this event . It was the first time we were able to attend. We tried to make it last year but unfortunately the car didn't arrive in time. The weather was nice, a bit chilly at times when the sun disappeared behind the clouds but there was no rain and that's what matters! For me since I am new to the whole "four eye" thing, it was interesting to see all the different cars! Everyone seemed to have a great time, lots of smiling and laughing going on! The food was wonderful, thanks to Charlotte for pulling it all together!

Now we can say..."Been there, done that.....AND we even got a Tshirt"......

Thanks for a great day!!

Retired Trucker,Sunshine Coast, British Columbia

A big Thanks Neil,
    everyone got home safe after a beautiful run up #9 thru Sumas.
    Rolled into the House around 10 PM after a great ride and ferry trip North.
    Had a wonderful time as usual,You,Charlotte and the Boys should be proud.
    Take care My Friend,Best to all
    Dave
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FEP Power Member black1980fiveoh's Avatar

many thanks to all the people that have worked tirelessly to make this event happen. It was so nice to talk to fellow car nuts who love their cars as much as I love mine. Might need to rent a crane so we can get a picture of all those cars on the field together LOL.

THANKS AGAIN NEIL AND ALL YOUR HELPERS!!!!!!!!!!
    1980 Cobra http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2364382
    11.82@115 mph - 2015 - retired due to cancer
    1981 Cobra
    reborn with a lot of new go fast parts and time to make it look pretty
    11.80 @114 mph - 2016

A big thank you to Neil, Lee, the boys, Charlotte, and all the others that made this event so fun.

Pictures are of the front row (30 cars).
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    67 Cougar
    85 Jalepeno Red GT
    85 Bright Red RS
    88 Smoke Grey GT Hatch
    88 Bright Regata Blue GT Hatch
    89 Bright Regata Blue GT Vert

Thanks to Niel and everyone involved in making the bbq a success !! Had a great time seeing everyone and their cars. I posted a few pics from yesterday.

Holy cow look at all the Capris in one place. Amazing ...
    I'm an FEP Paid Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

1984 Capri Turbo RS - Alive after 7 years! Build Thread
    2018 Mustang GT - daily driver

I am so glad I was able to make it this year. I had a great time and really enjoyed talking to people that share a passion for these cars. I really enjoyed the attention my car got and answering everyone's questions. Thank you Neil and all the other volunteers that helped put this on. I look forward to next year!
    83 Mustang Hatch made Coupe with a 5.0, t-5 and sporting 10 holes. View my progress on my Cardomain Site at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2363043/1

FEP Supporter

I goofed a little also, the carrot cake was made by Lois, who feeds me when I go to her husbands shop to work on early stangs. Thanks Lois !!

Thanks for everything, Neil and family, Lee for the photos and everyone else for being so cool.
    Oh yeah that was nice of you to set up that air show during lunch. That guy was doing some really cool stuff in that little airplane right above us. I sat in my Stang with the T-Tops off and ate my lunch and watched the airshow.

Quote Originally Posted by 2112COBRA View Post
    Thanks to Niel and everyone involved in making the bbq a success !! Had a great time seeing everyone and their cars. I posted a few pics from yesterday.
    I like your picture of the cars at the stop sign. Nice shot.

I found this picture on my grandson's camera. I don't know how he took it, but this is the shot un-edited (no cropping, etc.).
    67 Cougar
    85 Jalepeno Red GT
    85 Bright Red RS
    88 Smoke Grey GT Hatch
    88 Bright Regata Blue GT Hatch
    89 Bright Regata Blue GT Vert

Thankyou so much Neil, the family had a great time, and the cruise was a blast! I have a few neat pictures from it ill post up in a few. Thanks everyone for a great time

-Vance
    Still got the '80 capri. Covered and kept in storage until i finish my IBEW apprenticeship and move back home. In the meantime I'll lurk around here or you can catch me on Powerstroke.org OR Fullsizebronco.com

FEP Senior Member OldsRocket442's Avatar

Thank you Neil and family. Couldn't have asked for a better time this weekend. Only regret is that I wasn't able to make it up in previous years. I'll be sure to make it a point to make the next events. Happy anniversary to you and Charlotte as well.

I have pics I'll post up as well, in a few minutes.

edit: My pics are here: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=101120
    Last edited by OldsRocket442; 08-29-2010 at 08:05 PM.
    Richard

1986 Mustang LX v8 t5 conversion
    1986 Mustang LX 2.3 Auto - Acquired 2-27-13

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2549044

My other "4 eye" is a '67 Cutlass

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast