Close

Default MC Machine '79-'86 Mustang/Capri dash plates

79-86 Mustang and Capri Dash Plates

MC Machine is pleased to announce we have dash plates available again for 1979-1986 Mustangs and Capris.

Our orignial version holds two 5" and four 2-5/8" Auto Meter gauges. While gauges made by other manufacturers may work, we have not fit them to our plates, we cannot make claims as to their fitment. This plate is essentially unchanged from previous and includes a bracket to attach the original vent.

Original design, single vent :

MC Machine is pleased to present a new design for two 3-3/8" and four 2-1/16" Auto Meter gauges. While gauges made by other manufacturers may work, we have not fit them to our plates, we cannot make claims as to their fitment. This new design allows retention of the inboard vent opening and the use of slightly less expensive smaller gauges. Brackets are included to transfer the original vents to the MC Machine plate.

Two vent design :

Both versions come assembled and with the main plate anodized black and the side gauges anodized grey to mimic the '83-'86 GT/RS factory plastic. Indicator lights for high beam and turn signals are also installed.

Both designs are $220 including shipping inside the continental US.

Visit our web site for more info and images.
    Last edited by mc-machine.com; 08-27-2010 at 09:18 PM.

Those look real good. I'm seriously considering buying one! Just that price tag...

They are a quality piece for sure. I also have the pass side plate. Very worth the money IMO.
    85 GT,65,000 miles,306,68mm,FAST XFI,G101A,Soft-Lok.

They are high quality. I would love for them to do the passenger side dash piece again.
    2017 Lincoln MKZ AWD
    2003 Town Car
    2017 GTI
    Currently Foxless

FEP Member

Quote Originally Posted by eric5oh View Post
    They are high quality. I would love for them to do the passenger side dash piece again.
    x2 Pleeeeeeese!
    Terry

78 Fairmont Sedan V8 - Factory black interior, factory A/C, No longer a SHO project, t/c 8.8 diff w/ 3.73LS
    85 LTD LX - Black, 5.0L CFI, crank windows
    93 Mustang LX 5.0L notch - original owner, 20k original miles
    17 F250 - My RV Trailer, projects, and car hauler vehicle

Passenger plates have been available for a while now.

We also have a two vent plate that holds eight gauges for those who need to keep track of a lot of info!

Default dash plates

I saw a customer picture on their site with gauges mounted that looked like it was finished in the actual dark gray & black color scheme that the original Ford plastic bezel was. Looked like the factory unit only much much nicer! I'll be buying a set soon for my Capri and will be inquiring about that type of finish option. When you think about just how much those Auto Meter gauges are going to run, these dash plates are really not that expensive.
    Last edited by twingsrs; 04-02-2013 at 10:13 PM.
    Tom T.