Close

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Default Fall Cruise? October 9th

Hey guys,unfortunately summer is coming to a close and fall will be here. Are we going go do a cruise up the Kanc this year? If so maybe we should start planning! (hoping we do!)
    If I get my house in the next few weeks I'm going to push to get the SVO running for this or maybe the 84 notch
    putting together a little something special......stay tuned!

92 notch-WIP
    87GT-S Trim,4:10s,AOD=12.70@107
    89vert-sold
    84SVO-WIP
    84 notch-aka-FREAKSHOW
    85GT shell-for sale
    78 Zephyr-WIP
    86 Capri RS-WIP

Finally,the list of fox wants is complete!!!

Yep it's going to happen again this year. We just need to get organized and set a date, meeting place, route, etc. I know i've talked to some people who didn't go last year who plan on going this year, so it should be even better than last year. I don't recall what actual day we did it last year but I know I can't do the first weekend in October or probably the 14th. I also want to pre-run some of the roads besides the kanc I had in mind last year to make sure they are in good shape. Perhaps a pre-cruise family road trip! And Will, after what happened last year wouldn't you like to drive something with a few more test miles on it! Maybe Jeff can get the Capri back together in time and unveil it for the fall cruise. Just in time to put it away for the winter.

Haha,no worries Ken,unless it's on fire I'm driving the whole cruise this year no matter which car I bring!

92 notch-WIP
    89vert-sold
    84SVO-WIP
    84 notch-aka-FREAKSHOW
    85GT shell-for sale
    78 Zephyr-WIP
    86 Capri RS-WIP

That was a lot of fun last year! I was one tired dude when I got home though, I can say that. That was ALOT of driving and excitement for a single day!

I'd actually consider bringing the girls with me the next time and try and find a hotel. Would be great if we can iron out a date soon as hotels are booked well in advance of leaf peeping season.

What dates are we looking at this year for the cruise?
    1987 Mustang GT
    S trim. 10.85 at 128. stock short block and stock T5.

2002 Mustang GT convertible.
    auto with 4.10's and tune.

2008 Viper SRT10 Coupe.
    11.33 at 127 bone stock everything.

Pretty much anytime works for me

92 notch-WIP
    89vert-sold
    84SVO-WIP
    84 notch-aka-FREAKSHOW
    85GT shell-for sale
    78 Zephyr-WIP
    86 Capri RS-WIP

Wow, forgot that Labor day will be here in 2 weeks. Yeah, hows October 16-17 sound? Maybe make a 2 day event. My parents cabin should still be open. Its in Moultonboro (sp) Pretty close to the Kanc. There is room for a decent amount of cars, and if people want to set up tents, plenty of room, right on the water. there is a kitchen and bathroom, so facilities would not be an issue. I will check the date with them. lets get this rolling. Maybe cruise up saturday morning, drive around all day, then stay the night, have a small bbq, ect. then drive home sunday mid day or something like that.
    79 Capri RS
    341 rwhp,348 rwtq 11.20@127

1939 Pontiac Deluxe 6. 73,xxx original miles. Barn find. Currently the secomd owner.

2013 Focus ST
    2012 Taurus SEL
    1997 F350

Quote Originally Posted by varn82 View Post
    Wow, forgot that Labor day will be here in 2 weeks. Yeah, hows October 16-17 sound?
    Chris - I sent you a PM about this a couple of weeks ago. Did you get it? I'd like to suggest we go on the Columbus Day weekend, which is October 9 and 10. I have Monday, the 11th, off and that's also a holiday in Canada if any FEPer's from Quebec and the Maritimes want to join us.

I have family coming up to New England on the 7th of October and they want to come along with us for the foliage tour.

Quote Originally Posted by FuturaGuy View Post
    Chris - I sent you a PM about this a couple of weeks ago. Did you get it? I'd like to suggest we go on the Columbus Day weekend, which is October 9 and 10. I have Monday, the 11th, off and that's also a holiday in Canada if any FEPer's from Quebec and the Maritimes want to join us.

I have family coming up to New England on the 7th of October and they want to come along with us for the foliage tour.
    That weekend sounds good to me Rock. Hopefully I'm feeling a lot better for this one than last time. I know Ken had mentioned he can't do the weekend of the 14th. Is Columbus Day weekend good for everyone else?
    ~Paul

1982 Mustang GT
    1983 Mustang GT TTop
    1985 Mustang LX 5.0 Notchback
    1995 Ford F150 SVT Lightning
    www.cardomain.com/id/mustang4life1985

Maybe it was the 16th that might be a problem for me. I'll have to double check. One of my cousins is getting married. We're still waiting to hear if we could bring our 3yr/old daughter and if not we may not go at all. Not really a close cousin but my mother might be upset if we don't go. Not the end of the world. I'll be bringing my wife and daughter this year on the fall cruise for sure. What would you guys think of coming up 16 instead of 93? If we went that way we could probably meet up at my place (about 15-20 minutes south of the McDonalds you all met me and Will at) and run 153 (which goes by a bunch of small lakes and is very twisty) all the way up to Conway. Then we could run the Canc and take 93 south for a bit (or maybe another back road) to Plymouth and take the back way to return to Moultonboro and have a BBQ at Chris' cabin.

Quote Originally Posted by 85GT-79FJ40 View Post
    What would you guys think of coming up 16 instead of 93? If we went that way we could probably meet up at my place (about 15-20 minutes south of the McDonalds you all met me and Will at) and run 153 (which goes by a bunch of small lakes and is very twisty) all the way up to Conway.
    I plan to go to NH on Friday and stay overnight in Manchester. If everyone coming up from SE Massachusetts takes the Spaulding Turnpike (Rte 16) I can meet them in Rochester. Either way, I-93 or Route 16, works for me.

Ken,that sounds like great route as well as a way around the potential traffic there was on the Conway end of 16

92 notch-WIP
    89vert-sold
    84SVO-WIP
    84 notch-aka-FREAKSHOW
    85GT shell-for sale
    78 Zephyr-WIP
    86 Capri RS-WIP

Good call on the weekend of the 9th. Im in for that.
    79 Capri RS

1939 Pontiac Deluxe 6. 73,xxx original miles. Barn find. Currently the secomd owner.

2013 Focus ST
    2012 Taurus SEL
    1997 F350

Yeah the 16th is my cousin's wedding so the weekend of the 9th would be better for me. The other nice thing about 153 is that where it dumps out onto RT 16 is actually North of the Kanc. So it's a left turn (at a traffic light) south for a mile or so then the Kanc is on the right. Should be easier to stay together. But of course we could always use Will's block traffic method too. I drove part of 153 in my FJ40 a few weeks back and part of it was recently paved. And there's a long straight in East Wakefield right along a lake that would be a great place to stop for pictures. I'm not sure on the roads at the other end leading back down to Moultonboro but I'm sure there has to be something more exciting than 93. I'll look into that.

Yeah the 16th is my cousin's wedding so the weekend of the 9th would be better for me. The other nice thing about 153 is that where it dumps out onto RT 16 is actually North of the Kanc. So it's a left turn (at a traffic light) south for a mile or so then the Kanc is on the right. Should be easier to stay together. But of course we could always use Will's block traffic method too. I drove part of 153 in my FJ40 a few weeks back and part of it was recently paved. And there's a long straight in East Wakefield right along a lake that would be a great place to stop for pictures. I'm not sure on the roads at the other end leading back down to Moultonboro but I'm sure there has to be something more exciting than 93. I'll look into that.

Learned that on motorcycle runs,lol,crude but effective!

92 notch-WIP
    89vert-sold
    84SVO-WIP
    84 notch-aka-FREAKSHOW
    85GT shell-for sale
    78 Zephyr-WIP
    86 Capri RS-WIP

Just so I'm clear: Is the Fall Cruise going to be the 9th and 10th then??

Thanks!
    1987 Mustang GT
    S trim. 10.85 at 128. stock short block and stock T5.

2002 Mustang GT convertible.
    auto with 4.10's and tune.

2008 Viper SRT10 Coupe.
    11.33 at 127 bone stock everything.

Yeah, 9th and 10th look like it. We can iron out the details this coming few weeks, but that weekends works.
    79 Capri RS

2013 Focus ST
    2012 Taurus SEL
    1997 F350

If I could get the confidence in my driving my car long distance I would be up for this.
    Chris
    --------------------------------------------
    1982 GT 347 Kenne Bell 2.2 Supercharged
    1986 GT VERT 306
    2002 GT VERT 4.6 Saleen supercharged (sold)
    1969 Mach I 427 Sideoiler Had 14yrs (sold)
    1968 Cougar GTE 427 Cover of Mustang Unlimited(sold)
    1968 Cougar GT390 (sold)

Total cruising Chris, no abuse, plus plenty of people if something goes wrong. you should go.
    79 Capri RS

2013 Focus ST
    2012 Taurus SEL
    1997 F350

Can't wait!

92 notch-WIP
    89vert-sold
    84SVO-WIP
    84 notch-aka-FREAKSHOW
    85GT shell-for sale
    78 Zephyr-WIP
    86 Capri RS-WIP

Sorry guys I'm out
    Back off, man! I'm a scientist.

*81 T-Top Notch

Cmon Jared,you can do it! Lol

92 notch-WIP
    89vert-sold
    84SVO-WIP
    84 notch-aka-FREAKSHOW
    85GT shell-for sale
    78 Zephyr-WIP
    86 Capri RS-WIP

I could bring the volvo or and f150 haha

*81 T-Top Notch

Quote Originally Posted by jbishop View Post
    I could bring the volvo or and f150 haha
    With your selection of cars I would think you could swap a transmission from one of the non-runners in a weekend! Of course you might not be able to drive it like you want, but driving it at all is better than letting it sit with another good 2 months of the season left.

With your selection of cars I would think you could swap a transmission from one of the non-runners in a weekend! Of course you might not be able to drive it like you want, but driving it at all is better than letting it sit with another good 2 months of the season left.
    True I could drop a NWC t-5 in it but I think that's just a disaster waiting to happen. I'm okay with waiting.

*81 T-Top Notch

Bring the truck,^we can haul the beverages in it lol

92 notch-WIP
    89vert-sold
    84SVO-WIP
    84 notch-aka-FREAKSHOW
    85GT shell-for sale
    78 Zephyr-WIP
    86 Capri RS-WIP

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast