Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Redneck Riviera, Fort Walton Beach Florida

Thanks T, that is some helpful info. I found that other thread in a search, I thought someone would have had some info about removing a window. It never hurts to learn from other's experience, especially when working with breakable things like windows.
    I've snagged a pair of doors from an LTD in the junkyard so can compare the accordian hole sizes.
    It's already got power locks, and am hoping I can keep the power mirrors as well.
    1985 LTD LX, Mach1 brakes, 17" Mopar police car wheels. 302, T5, 4.10s
    1984 LTD station wagon, with 84GT nose, some might remember it as the old Dugan Racing station wagon.
    1986 FHP coupe, stock shortblock, TW heads, Holley SMII intake, 4.88, T5Z
    1990 Red LX, ported AFR heads, TFS-R box upper, weenie cam, 1 3/4 long accufabs, 3" exhaust, T5, 4.56

Quote Originally Posted by LTDScott View Post
    You were required to get wing windows with power windows, so maybe they are required for a changeover?
    Back in my 2009 resto on my 1979 Wagon, I made a mistake when I converted to power windows (from a 1984 LTD wagon)... I installed the rear units correctly, but I installed the front door units backwards (RH unit on the LH side). The windows go all the way down. Even the wires are long enough to reach the harness connectors. The only issue is that I can't use deep speaker baffles in my door speakers.
    1979 Ford Fairmont 4-Eyed Squire (Mexican-Built) 3.3 I6 (200 CID) 4-Speed SROD Trans, Tri-Power

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12