Close

Default making my capri coupe

started this project and hope it turns out and the capri i parted out had no papers and i saved it from the scrap pile
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by boris; 09-27-2008 at 12:17 AM.
    \\MERCURY Better than a FORD but not quite a LINCOLN//

Talking

that thing looks good.
    1973 Montego GT 1981 Capri RS (351C)
    1971 Cyclone GT 1971 Cyclone GT
    1970 Cyclone 1969 Marauder X-100
    1970 Fairlane 500 (429SCJ) 1986 ASC McLaren Capri Vert
    1985 ASC Capri Coupe 2008 Bullitt 2013 GT 1985 Capri
    2001 GT 1994 XR7 1986 Capri
    1972 Mercury Montego/Ranchero conversion

You put the Mercury front end back on? If so, :highfive:

Quote Originally Posted by RedHornet View Post
    You put the Mercury front end back on? If so, :highfive:
    i striped the 86 RS then scraped the 89 coupe euro front and rear side glass etc and built me a 86 RS coupe ' quarters next then turbo etc

That should look cool. Are you going to graft the body lines from the rear quarters onto the coupe? That would be pretty sweet!
    1985 Capri RS 5.0 5 Speed
    1994 Thunderbird LX 4.6
    1978 Country Squire 7.5
    2004 Mustang GT 4.6

thats going to look cool
    1983 mercury capri crimson cat

5.0 302

1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee I6

Wow looks good. I saw this thread and im like they're gonna be *&^$ed lol. Does the rear bumper bolt up fine and have no clearance issues with the trunk lid? I wanna do a capri vert so this is cool to see.

Ok before anyone says get a ACS vert i think the top and trunk lid of them are ugly and i dont like not having a back seat (even though they are almost useless ).
    Son of Jleews6, Johnny 5
    85 GT 1C Vert = Grey int. no power options but A/C.
    85 GT 2R Hatch = "Pepper"ALL original sunroof car grey int.,full scale restoration coming one day
    85 GT 2A Hatch = tan int. 2.5" full exhaust, frame connectors, AutoMeter Pro Comp gauges, 5-Lug w/17" Bullitts, converted to FI, 8.8 w/3.55s etc.
    85 GT 1C Hatch = Dads new toy ALL ORIGINAL
    85 GS/RS 4D Hatch = My first capri
    73 Mach 1 - 351 2bbl Auto Yellow w/Tan interior

How is the trunk lid ugly? Its the same as the normal vert/notch?

-Mike

They're deeper and the thing for the top . O and just about all of them were autos.

Son of Jleews6, Johnny 5
    85 GT 2R Hatch = "Pepper"ALL original sunroof car grey int.,full scale restoration coming one day
    85 GT 2A Hatch = tan int. 2.5" full exhaust, frame connectors, AutoMeter Pro Comp gauges, 5-Lug w/17" Bullitts, converted to FI, 8.8 w/3.55s etc.

Hmmmmm maybe they're not different but they dont look right and I dont know why. Also no front air dams.
    Son of Jleews6, Johnny 5

Quote Originally Posted by 85 GT Kid View Post
    Hmmmmm maybe they're not different but they dont look right and I dont know why. Also no front air dams.
    They're not different. It's just the toneau coverpanel yu're looking at I think.

The 85-86 ones could have the optional ground effects with air dam.

Most were automatics which is true since they were not slated for the performance car crowd.

-Mike

looks like a great project. have fun with the quarter panels and take your time with them so you dont warp them. final product will be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by negusm View Post
    They're not different. It's just the toneau coverpanel yu're looking at I think.

The 85-86 ones could have the optional ground effects with air dam.

Most were automatics which is true since they were not slated for the performance car crowd.

-Mike
    Ok they just always looked bigger. Its just the that the top is ugly, most were autos and the back seat thing that I dotn like which is why I want to do my own. Basically make it look like an RS (wouldnt use an RS) but i'll have an ASC front airdam made and RS moldings made.
    Son of Jleews6, Johnny 5

The top is a Mercedes inspired top. Far from ugly. ASC owners will tell you the car gets mad attention with the top up vs with the top down.

Good luck getting an asc air dam made affordably. You may as well just buy one. For the materials and time involved they are worth it.

As to the idea of using up Capri parts to convert a Mustang over or make a Capri "coupe", I'm starting to not be a big fan of that idea.

-Mike

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I think those tops are ugly which is why I want to do a regular vert. As for the air dam I'll think of something because those ASC airdams are $$$ so either way i'll spend money.
    Son of Jleews6, Johnny 5

Quote Originally Posted by negusm View Post
    The top is a Mercedes inspired top. Far from ugly. ASC owners will tell you the car gets mad attention with the top up vs with the top down.

Good luck getting an asc air dam made affordably. You may as well just buy one. For the materials and time involved they are worth it.

As to the idea of using up Capri parts to convert a Mustang over or make a Capri "coupe", I'm starting to not be a big fan of that idea.

-Mike
    X1000. I've been having a hell of a time finding parts for my Capri.
    1980 Mercury Capri. 5.0 Operation "Face Off"

Quote Originally Posted by ~FrankenStang~ View Post
    X1000. I've been having a hell of a time finding parts for my Capri.
    me to but it was me or the crusher as the old owner was not giving up the papers and the trunks look shorter on the 87 up stangs as the tail lights stick out more i only noticed this the other day when i had a 84 and a 87 parked beside each other

hey I am doing the same thing here with my 84 coupe and spare parts from my 85 rs project. I started a thread in the bs section and thought I was going to be linched!!

it did not go over well in there so try not to bring it up in other parts of the forum.

good luck with yours.
    85 rs capri (gone)(tbi car)
    86 gt. (cat pee car is gone)
    85 capri rs
    84 coupri,cfi,aod sold
    61 thunderbird

non ford
    70 GMC
    76 MGB

BTW when I wrecked the '82 Beater I was able to scrounge a set of 'stang front fenders and a lh door for the Capri. Not purdy by any means, but at least I was legal. Best of luck and enjoy the pics with lots of tools and misc parts laying around. Reminds me of home...
    -Bill
    "Beater" ('82 Capri No Eng/NoTrans)
    Wife's Project Car ('83 Vert Stang GLX No Eng/NoTrans)
    "Cinco" ('88 Hatch Stang LX 5.0L/Manual)
    "Bertha" ('92 Hatch Stang LX 2.3L/Manual)
    '13 Ford Flex Platinum (Hers)
    Husband & father of 3 girls

Blog Entries

We're just not going to deal with these cars on this site anymore. Here's why: http://foureyedpride.com/content/view/43/49/

Just as we don't support making Capris into Mustang impostors, we must also not support turning Mustangs into pretend Capris, and as we do not support putting later Fox "aero" bumper covers onto Fox Capris or early Fox Mustangs, we cannot support the reverse. To do so would be hypocrisy. This is exactly the same principle as someone taking any of the early Foxes and trying to make an aero clone.

All Foxes are entitled to keep their identities intact, we do not wish to claim any sort of superiority or special treatment for the early cars.

This also appears to be a COMPLETE Capri being used in this case. When parting a car out on this site, claims of no paperwork, whether true or not, cannot be proven and aren't accepted as reason for part-out, which is what is happening/has happened to this car.

Capris and their parts are hard enough to find, this site wants no part of further encouraging people to use Capris as parts bins for their Mustangs. Sorry. This project just isn't something we can display in good conscience. And, if we did, those who enjoy their roles as critics of the site would love to point out the double-standards shown by this sort of thing being accepted when the same thing, done in reverse, is not.

As has been said many times before, this site is different, it tries to stand for something, it tries to take an active role with these cars, and it's not capable of keeping everyone happy. We're sorry that people get upset by this, but we do try to be straightforward on what this site is about.